I love to remember all these little things Isaac does and since I'm a terrible at journaling, this is the best place for me to write them! As I have said several times, Isaac loves to draw! He is getting to my favorite stage of "kid drawings." Here is a sample of his latest drawings done all by himself....
This is a person. He added hair, arms, legs, 2 black marks on the side of the head are ears, and he just figured out little circles will make bigger eyes and a nose verses just a dot. Recently he likes to add something to the persons hand, representing something like an ice-cream cone. 
Here is his Rainbow!!! If he has long paper he will go from one end to the other and use every color!
He also has foam tubby letters he plays with in the bath. He knows "I" is for Isaac. The rest of them he gets confused, (there are a lot to remember!) He may not remember the letter name but he associates most of the letters with a person. With B, he says its for Brett, A is for Ashley, K is for Koda, Z is for Zander, R is for Rachel, G is frustrating to him! It can be for Grandma, Grandpa, and Gordon. He insists that they should have their own letter. He's cute with them though, he takes the letters of the person and puts them in groups. He will say, "Ashley loves Isaac" and he will put the A and I together. Or "Zander and Isaac are friends," and he will put the Z and I together. Kind of confusing to write about, but I've always thought it was so cute!
Funny Things Isaac Says
He calls pop, "stingy."
He likes Winnie the Pooh and calls the honey pot a "honey hot."
When he sings his nursery songs for me he sings, "Jesus wants me for a Sun BEEP!"
When Isaac doesn't like something, he will hand it back to me and say, "It's not for me."
If I am bothering him by getting him to do something he doesn't want to do he screams, "LET ME BE!!!" (Usually it sounds like a desperate plea to let him go!)
I'm not sure if I ever wrote this one down or not, but when Isaac just turned two I was in his room putting him to sleep. I leaned over and kissed his head almost positive he was asleep and Isaac loudly said, "Don't Kiss-a-my head!" It was then I realized how opinionated he is.
We were at a family party and I was showing Isaac his 3 choices of soup. As we went down the row looking at them, the last soup had sprinkled parsley all over the top. He made a funny face, pointed to it and said very loudly, "That one has grass!" Needless to say, he didn't want that one!
If he is having quiet time and not ready for the show to end, he stands up and shouts, "Don't leave Mickey Mouse! I am mad at you!"
Isaac has a big imagination. We put him to bed the other night and he ran out screaming, "There is a bird in my room!" So daddy went in and shooed the bird out. Isaac went back to bed and a few minutes later came running out again screaming,
Isaac: There are birds in my room!
Me: Daddy got them all out.
Isaac: No, daddy got ONE bird out (showing me his one little finger) There are 2, 3, 4, 5 birds!!! (popping up a bunch of fingers on his hand).
Brett went into Isaac's room and made a big scene. He made all kinds of squawking noises, shooing the birds out of all of the corners, shooed them down the hall, through the kitchen and into the garage. Then with a few more noises he then told Koda to eat them! After such a big production Isaac went back to bed. But not long after came running back out screaming, "There are monsters in my room!!!"
I get concerned when Isaac is away playing and I can't see him. He was downstairs playing (which makes me nervous cause its unfinished but there is a small play area) so I kept calling to him, "Isaac are you alright?" He would call back, "yes!" I kept asking, "are you alright?" every couple of minutes. I could tell he was annoyed with me when he shouted back, "YES! I AM JUST PLAYING! NOW PLEASE, DONT TALK TO ME AGAIN!" Well! At least he tells me how he feels.
Isaac tattles on himself a lot! He can't handle the guilt if he did something wrong and he knew he shouldn't. He will run up to me (when I have no idea he did something) and say,
Isaac: I'm so sorry.
Me: What did you do?
Isaac: I am just sooo sorry. (with a little frowned lip - and then, he spills out what he did, i'll give some examples) "I am so sorry that I drew on your floor with crayon" or "I am so sorry I colored with chapstick on the floor" or "I am so sorry I got into your lotion."
In hopes of making it up to me he quickly pats my head while saying, "I'm so so so sorry and then gives me a big hug." Depending on the severity of the situation, he sometimes will get another chance.
Me: Please promise you won't do that again.
Isaac: ok, I will.... I PROMISE! (He says the last part so enthused! I love it.)
I was taking the sick sheets off Isaac's bed today to wash them. He walked in and said,
Isaac: Mom, did I wet the bed?
Me: No, you were just sick so we are changing the sheets. I am going to wash them and make them all clean again.
He then walked into my room and saw I had taken my sheets off to wash as well. He looked back at me very confused (because I hadn't been sick) and asked, "did you wet the bed?" I guess I don't wash my sheets enough!
Little Facts About Isaac
Isaac's newest obsession is The Lion King. He loves this movie. I thought it would be too scary for him but it doesn't bother him in the least. He loves the music and the funny things the characters do. While watching it, he laughs out loud and quotes this movie! I even found my old tape of it so I gave it to him to listen to in his room. I now find him singing and twirling around to the music!
When I would make dinner I used to stall Isaac by telling him to open the fridge and get something out for me. This was not only helpful but amusing for me because he couldn't open the fridge no matter how hard he tugged and pulled. Well one day all of his tugging paid off and now I have a son who can open the fridge anytime he likes. He sure showed me. And my consequence is we now go through cheese a lot faster!
Isaac's a pretty good eater when he wants to be. His newest thing while eating though is he creates an order of how he eats is food. Sometimes he gets to involved in the process and turns it into a game to see how fast he can eat his food in the order he wants. Bite of peas, dip the chicken and eat it, drink, peas, dip chicken, bite it, drink... over and over again! This drives me crazy because even though he is eating the peas begin to fly out of control! If I am trying to get him to eat, he is still the same way. Heaven forbid if I try to go out of order he will scream, "No! Not that one!" And then he will prompt me to which food is next.
Since Isaac was little he has always liked my toes painted. I am always pretty good about keeping them painted but I slack off in the winter. Isaac has kept a close watch and now he has been poking my toes saying, "something is wrong here mom." After I got them repainted he told me my toes were all better! I guess he likes to keep me well groomed!
4 comments:
Ha ha! That's funny that he tattles on himself! If only everyone were like that. We need to play soon! I miss you guys.
Oh my heck, I am DYING laughing! He is so stinking cute! Mom... did you wet the bed?! Such a smart kid!
My favorite so far: "LET ME BE!!!"
And he is just two!
I can only imagine...so cute!
What a cute kid! I love that age, they are always coming up with the funniest things!
Post a Comment