Isaac's new word: Delectable. He won't take a sip of a drink without smiling at me and saying, "mmm, delectable!" Where did that come from?

Isaac wanted a picture of Jesus in his room. I took him to the store and let him pick one out. I gave him his "big moneys" - 50 cents. With his picture in one hand and money in the other, he went up to the counter. He was so excited. I had him give the man his moneys and then the man gave Isaac back his picture. Before we even walked 5 steps away from the register it clicked in Isaac's head what had just happened. He burst into tears screaming, "THAT MAN TOOK MY MONEYS! I WANT MY MONEYS BACK!!!" I tried explain to tell him, that he got his picture of Jesus because we gave the man the money. That didn't help. He didn't want that now that he realized you couldn't have both. He cried all the way out sobbing about the man who took his moneys. To calm him down I gave him a nickel and some pennies. He seemed much happier after that.
Isaac has a tag obsession. He tries to cut off any tag that annoys him. I've caught him cutting off tags on balls, strings on his gloves and shirts and any little plastic "t" that is holding a tag on. It honestly drives me crazy. He is always looking for scissors to snip things off. I swear one day it will be his finger. Well today he had an elf hat and part of it was held together by one of those plastic "t's." It was suppose to be there. This bothered Isaac very much. I tried to explain to him we weren't cutting it off because it would ruin the hat. Then I went and hid all of the scissors. He was being very quite (never a good sign) and I walked back out to find him with a steak knife that he climbed up and got out of the kitchen drawer. He was attempting to saw off this little plastic "t." I took the knife away from him feeling horrified about what he was doing. Then came the mommy lecture. "Isaac we don't cut with scissors or knifes! We don't play with these things! They are dangerous!" My lecture went on and on as I was frustrated with my son. I said my lecture to him 3 times hoping it would sink in. After the first time he said, "ok." The second time again he said, "ok." They third time he looked at me very annoyed and shouted, "I SAID OK!" I guess my reinforcing method was more annoying then helpful to him. It makes me laugh at how snappy he gets sometimes. I'm wondering if thats a small peek at what my 2 1/2 year old will be like as a teenager. Oh, and if your wondering... he didn't leave that "t" thing alone. He did listen to me and didn't use scissors or a knife, but he pulled and pulled at it until it snapped. He was quite pleased with himself. I swear, nothing deter's this boy!
Isaac has been getting into my scriptures that sit next to my bed everyday. He said he was looking for Jesus. I thought that was sweet and didn't mind him looking at it until he ripped the first page. Then he sobbed because he couldn't have them anymore. When I calmed him down enough to talk to me he informed me, "I don't have scriptures by my bed like you and daddy." Well what a bad mom I am! So we pulled Brett's old scriptures down off the shelf and gave him a copy. It's really very sweet. He carries them everywhere. He took them to my mom's house for a family party and showed everyone his scriptures. He asks for them all the time and looks through the book often. I think it's cute he has such a great interest in them!
1 comment:
Ashley, I love your stories about Isaac! He is such a cute kid!
Post a Comment