One of my best friends, Amber came a couple of weeks ago for a visit to Utah. She recently moved to Oregon and I miss her so much! We got together for a few hours one day and went shopping. From the first time Isaac met Amber he has noticed her shoes. He's always liked them, especially when she lets him try them on. We were in a store with a wall of shoes. Isaac couldn't stand just sitting there, so of course he joined in. Brett is so happy that his son likes to try on shoes! (haha). He stands in them better then I do!
When we left the mall in a hurry (because Amber had a date) what did we find? Not my keys! After searching for them I noticed they were sitting in the back window where I remember placing them while I got Isaac out of his car seat. SHOOT! Now what? I quickly surrendered to the fact that I was going to have to call Brett, have him leave work and drive to the mall. Needless to say, he and his co-workers had a good laugh. When he came he asked, "When you two get together do you forget to bring your brains?" Amber and I will both tell you, yes! We are silly when we get together, we always have been! I met Amber in the fall of 2001 when we moved to little Cedar City, Utah - Apartment #5! We also lived together the year after that. Meeting Amber and Shannon (who knew each other before) and rooming with 3 of my best friends was such a fun experience for me. Amber and I decided it would be fun to all get together for a bit while she was in town. Sadly, Shannon couldn't come because she lives in Oregon too. (You were very missed Shan!) We had a great time catching up. So many things have changed. New jobs, new babies, and new places to live. I had a hard time finding some of my old pictures that I was willing to post... but Ang of course had them for me! Thanks Ang!
And Then...

Angela, Pam, Jeana, Amber, Ashley, and Shannon
Girls, I really have to ask... why on earth did you let me flip my hair out so big?! It looks like a giant loop! That's when you should have chopped it off when I was sleeping!!! How embarrassing.

Pam, Ashley, and Angela

Amber, Shannon, Ashley, Angela, and Jeana
If you notice, behind us we are standing in front of our "hot guy" wall. We made it when we first moved in, attempting to decorate our apartment. Something we didn't know for future freshmen in college... (aka my little sister, Mckenzie) don't go to the library as a group and google search for "hot guys." We were pretty stupid and felt pretty stupid! Screaming in the library didn't help either. We learned how to properly search after that. I love you girls!!!

2 comments:
I love the picture with Isaac wearing the shoes! Although, you know he will never forgive you when he's older, right?!
Bahahaha! We look so young and funny. I think I could have used a little talking to about my hair as well. I love it! Thanks for posting this, it brings back such fun memories! We did miss Shannon at your house, but thanks for having the rest of us. It was a blast! And tell Isaac thank you for trying on shoes with me! Sorry Brett! :)
Love you guys!
Post a Comment