Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Late Thanksgiving & Black Friday Fun!

Happy "Late" Thanksgiving! I have been meaning to post for ages, but after Thanksgiving I started reading Twilight and all my spare time has been dedicated to these books. I've lost a lot of sleep staying up reading. I can't help it, I love these books! Even Isaac has been dragging me around the house to play saying, "common mom... bring your book!" And for those who are wondering, so far I am still and Edward fan through and through. 

We had a great Thanksgiving and things haven't seem to slow down yet... nor do I see that happening anytime soon! Right before Thanksgiving we picked up the mail and Isaac had two envelopes. One of them especially big. Brett's Grandma Dansie is so faithful at sending Isaac card's every holiday with money inside. He gets so excited to get mail. Also, Brett's Aunt Tamara always sends Isaac something for any holiday. She is so sweet, I can't believe I have only met her once. This year Aunt Tamara sent Isaac a giant turkey in the mail. As you open it, it fans out real big. Isaac immediately set it on the floor and stated talking to it saying, "Hi turkey! Common, gobble!" He waited patiently, but the turkey never did gobble... hum, can't imagine why?! 

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my mom and dad's house this year. It was an "on" year for our family... but we were missing my brother's family. You guys were missed! My sister Aleesha makes little turkeys out of striped cookies, bon-bon's, and sour patch kids for the tail. Isaac loved his so much he didn't have the patience to wait... as you can see his mouth was stuffed full with chocolate when I found him. 

My mom was very clever this year making name tags to tell us where we were sitting. Each one of us had a pear with our name on it... and we all had personalized jokes at the bottom to tell. Very clever mom!

Once again, Isaac didn't want to wait for dinner... he carved his pear early. Can I just tell you how messy his spot was BEFORE dinner even started?!

It was fun being together with my family. We normally wouldn't have thought about taking a group picture but Rachel's son, Zander had "little bear" staying with him from preschool. She had to tell about the adventures he had. It worked out well, I like having group pictures! 

My Family
Right to Left, 1st Row: Mom, Dad, Aleesha, Kenzi
2nd row: Casey, Josh, Acacia, Liz, Zander, Little Bear, Gordon, Rachel
3rd Row: Isaac, Ashley, Brett

At the end of Thanksgiving my sisters and I made a craft, which is so not like us. But I needed something to sit on my porch. So we made a snowman with lights! Sorry he's on his side. I didn't care that much to fix it. But he turned out cute! Especially for someone like me, who isn't crafty. But I thought my sister-in-law Shaylah would be proud of me! 

A couple days later we had a second Thanksgiving dinner with Brett's side of the family. We haven't had Thanksgiving with them in 3 years since they were on their mission. It was a lot of fun to be with everyone! And since little bear wasn't there, I didn't get a group picture. Or any for that matter! I can't believe I left my camera. But non the less, we had a great time! 

Black Friday

After Thanksgiving was over, my sisters and I spent the night going through ads deciding where we would end up this year. Wal-Mart was our first stop. We were leaving at 1:45 so we could be at the store by 2:00 a.m. There is really no use in sleeping when it's only for a couple of hours, besides I was too antsy to sleep! 

My sisters and I were spread throughout different corners in the store waiting till the clock hit 5 to grab what we needed through the mobs of people. I volunteered to get Lizzy's games she needed. I was next to so many crazies waiting for X-Box 360's I was a little concerned about getting out alive. I made friends with a few ladies around me and we decided to help each other out and grab what we needed for one another... so helpful! The first group of us had our hands on what we needed as soon as they announced "go!" The ladies behind us were shoving their way to where we were, so I crawled out under them and made it out safe. 

One of the girls took a picture of me. I sat this way for over 40 min! That's when a lot of the shoving began. But I had already been sitting in that spot for a couple of hours so I was at the head of the line. The games I needed were towards the bottom of the pile... you can't tell but there were a lot of people squishing me... thus why I crawled under them! 

Here's a small peek of the thousands of people who were in the store that morning. I had to fight the crowd for something I forgot. I didn't have a cart, we try no to have one. But it was so hard to get through everyone! I have to admit, I love the rush of it all!

We went to a lot more stores and then ended up at I-Hop with thousands of other people who were starving from their morning rush. We were all pretty tired. 

Aleesha, Ashley, Liz, & Kenzi

This is my favorite picture of the day though. Liz was sooo sleepy she coudln't talk, she was slurring all of her words.she couldn't seem to stay awake before breakfast came or anywhere else we went.  I'm surprised she stayed awake long enough to eat! 

Thanks girls it was fun! Next year for sure! And Rachel.... you better come next time! 

5 comments:

The Dansies said...

Why yes, I am proud, but mostly jealous! Your snowman is so cute--I think you can be crafty when you want to be, you just don't like to admit it!

Shannon said...

Wow, you guys are crazy! I have never ever braved the black Friday conditions to get a bargain on something. I would like to sometime but I just don't think I could ever wake up for it. You are way hard core! Good job!

Angela said...

You guys are nuts!! I went out on Black Friday with my sis-in-laws but there's no way we were going to leave that early. Sounds crazy wherever you went. We headed to St. George and there were not near that many people.

Amber said...

Haha, this is hilarious! I love that you braved the crowds AND took pictures!

Pam said...

You traitor...should have know that you would still be an Edward girl. You guys are brave! I had to work 4 am to 8 am but it had slowed down by then. By the way, I love the snowman and your harvest blocks...very jealous!