Monday, November 3, 2008

Pickin' Pumpkins!

I should have posted this before Halloween, but better late then never! We took Isaac to a pumpkin patch, which was so fun for him because he loves looking at every pumpkin, knocking on it, picking them up, and putting them back. He doesn't like the "pokies" on the stem though. He could really do without those.  In his words, he finally settled on this, "Really big pumpkin, the biggest pumpkin I ever seen!" It was so giant for him he had to sit in in the stroller for a ride because it was too big to carry! 

I guess that's pretty big for a little guy!

This story really has nothing to do with pumpkins, but I thought it was interesting and don't want to forget it.  A few hours before we carved our pumpkins, Isaac was out playing with side walk chalk. He wanted me to draw pumpkin after pumpkin! (maybe he was excited?) Then he had me draw a baby ghost. He drew two lines coming off his eyes. He looked at me and said, "he's sooo sad! He's crying, crying cause he doesn't have a mommy and a daddy!" So, I drew a mommy and a daddy ghost and told him they were all happy! He then drew lines from the eyes of the other two ghosts and said, "no they are all sad and crying." I tried to convince him they could be happy ghosts but he wasn't buying it.  I'm not sure why out ghosts had to all be sad, but they were. I wonder what goes through kids minds some days. I'm noticing he his big on emotions lately. He tells me when he's scared, happy, and sad.

Anyways, we finally got around to carving pumpkins, which Isaac thought was great cause we got to use a knife. But he really didn't care for putting his hands in and getting all gooey! He would use a spoon, but not his hands. 

I think he takes after his dad. Brett was a good sport. As much as he hates to carve pumpkins cause they are gooey and smelly, he did it anyway! (Using a spoon!) 

I agree, they are stinky but its fun! We ended up with two smiling pumpkins cause are teeth kept falling out! We really should get a pumpkin kit next year. We had to keep a close watch on Isaac, he was a little knife crazy! 

After painting pumpkins at grandma's house, Isaac didn't want to chop his pumpkin open, he wanted to paint it. So we stripped him down and let him paint his pumpkin every color we had!

He did a good job! We can't get over how much this kid likes to paint!

No comments: