Happy Halloween! I hope everyone's night was safe and a lot of fun! This year was an especially fun Halloween because of how excited Isaac has been! He practiced all week saying, "I go knock on the door and then say, TRICK OR TREAT! and then I get candy! As much as he would shout these three little words to me, when he got to the door it was much quieter. Sometimes non-existent! He warmed up eventually and even left some of the houses and would yell to them, "Happy Halloween!" So here is my little Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc. I told you he was adorable!
His costume was double special because the mouth doubled as a candy catcher pocket! He would get his candy and hide it in his little pouch. He got so many complements on how darling he was and what a great idea it was to have it hold your candy too! It was a good idea, glad I thought of it! haha! Actually, by the time he was done walking the whole street, the candy was getting a little heavy and was weighing him down, or he was just getting tired! Brett had to carry him. Isaac came home and showed me everything he got. He was so excited about his pencil, clay-dough, bouncy ball (with the eyeball that matched his costume) and other small toys... but most of all, he loved the suckers! (As always) Every time someone would put a bowl out for him to choose a candy, his little fingers would wiggle deciding, "what should I have?" 80% of the time he would choose the sucker!
When we got this costume the hat was GIANT! It fit Brett's head with room to spare! We got some foam from an upholstery store, (have you tried to buy foam lately? It's not that easy!) Brett used are electric knife to carve it to the size we needed and we hot glued the foam into his hat. It worked well! Then, every year (since we are out late) I always buy pajamas to put under Isaac's costumes so he'll be ready for bed when it's all said and done. Plus, I like him to stay warm! I always try to find coordinating ones to match the costume, and I couldn't believe how perfect it was when I found bright green and blue striped pajamas for his costume! I think it made it look that much cuter!
We went and visited the grandparents and found the eyeball in his costume is obnoxious to sit down with... good thing it came out! Isaac enjoyed eating his candy and answering the door for any trick-or-treaters who rang the bell! It was a fun night! Happy Halloween!!!
2 comments:
Love the Mike Wazowski costume. He's adorable!
VERY CUTE COSTUME! I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment