Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back Seat Driver

I have to admit I am not the perfect person to drive with.  Ask Brett, I check his speed and let him know when he's getting too close to the line or another car - and then there is the occasional *GASP* and grabbing onto the side of the car.  Brett is a good driver, but if you ask him he will tell you differently about me. When I drive,  I hear just as much mumbling in the seat next to me and then him saying at the end, he should have drove. (I"m really not that bad, he's just paranoid.) 
Anyways, we both have a new back seat driver in our life... Isaac. We can't come to a stop or slow down without Isaac shouting from the back-seat, GOOOOO!!! We try and explain to him we can't because the light is red and we can only go when it is green. He doesn't care, he stops, thinks, then shouts, GOOOOO! If we aren't going fast enough for him we hear, GO FASTER! You think this kid is in a hurry to get somewhere or something? Maybe he's sick of the car and can't wait to get out. I used to think it was cute... but it is EVERY TIME we are in the car with him we hear....GOOOOOO! I'm starting to worry about how opinionated he is about driving when he's only two!  

4 comments:

Amber said...

Haha, that is too cute! He is going to be a great Utah-Fast-Driver. Also... CUTE new family pictures! LOVE them!!

Shannon said...

Coming from someone who doesn't have to hear it everyday, it does sound really cute. And, I wonder where he is learning it from? :)

Christie said...

Don't ya just love this age!? My girl loves to yell "faster". Her "f"s used to sound like "b" so she be yelling "baster" and it was easy to imagine a "d" on the end.

Brandon Dansie said...

Sounds like he has a little bit of his father in him. Just wait until he is 16 and he is driving the family to Grandma's house. Em and I will have to tell you that story sometime. Good times :)