Wednesday, October 29, 2008

St. George Vacation

A couple weekends ago we went to St. George with Brett's parents, LaMonte and Nancy. We went to see Brett's brother, Brandon and his wife Shaylah and to celebrate my niece, Breah's 1st birthday! It was so fun to see where they live and to have a fun little vacation! 

Breah's birthday was a lot of fun. Shaylah did a lot to make it special for her! Plus, she was doing it all over again the next weekend for more family that was coming! What a women! Breah had a great time opening her presents, but she loved lounging in her chair! Isaac stepped up (whether she wanted him to or not) and helped her open presents and blow out her candle! 

Here is one of her presents, Isaac enjoyed drawing on it! (As well as playing with everything else she got!) He told me he was writing his ABCDEFG's.  She also got a little bus bike. Isaac has a fire-truck just like it, so he was the pro and took charge and showed her how to ride it! I bet Breah was thrilled to get her toys to herself when we left! 

Cousinly love! (Breah looks thrilled to be being loved so much!)

Shay made this darling birthday purse cake because Breah LOVES purses. She did such a good job!

Left to Right: Brandon, Shaylah, Breah, Brett, Ashley, Isaac, Nancy, LaMonte

All of us at the party! I bet you wish you could wear a #1 party hat too! 
(I know the boys were all thrilled about it!)
We had a blast being with you guys! Thanks for having us and taking such good care of us! We will have to do it again sometime!

Grandpa Sealy & Isaac (2 months old) in Bear Lake

Now, for the 2nd part of our trip. The morning we left for St. George I got a phone call telling me my Grandpa Sealy had a bad stoke. He also lives in St. George and I can't even tell you how grateful I was to be going there. I got to spend a lot of time with him in the hospital and to check up on my grandma. I am very close to both of them. I grew up next to them my whole life and then they moved to St. George when I was in college. Lucky for me, I saw them that much more because I was only in Cedar City! 

Grandma Sealy and Isaac in the St. George Hospital

The first day I knew my gramp couldn't see me very well. I talked to him for a long time even though he really couldn't speak well. The next day I went to see him my grandma told me that was the first time he had smiled when he saw me. I fed him lunch and dinner and teased him as always. I was really sad to have to leave him and my grandma on Sunday. I worry about them so much. My gramp was really tired on the last day so I didn't get to see him a whole lot. I wasn't even sure if he knew I was there or not. A few days later my mom got a call. I guess grandpa was understanding more around him and he asked where I was! I thought that was so neat he remembered I had been there with him. I just love my grandparents so much and I'm glad I could be there with them. My grandpa is working hard and improving everyday. He's such a fighter! Love ya gramps! 

Isaac never gets to see Grandma Shirley very much, but he warmed up to her so fast when he was with her. Grandma knows just what to do and can always get her grandkids to come to her! I love this picture of them together. Isaac talked about her a lot when we got home. 

On the way home, Brett was trying to sleep in the car and he found his moms blow-up car pillow. Something didn't look right, his mom is more dainty when she sleeps on it! I thought it was really funny.  It was a really fun trip and we had a fun car ride with Nancy and LaMonte. Grandma spoiled Isaac and had coloring books, crayons, and Winnie the Pooh characters for him to play with. He loved them all!!!  She also brought treats for everyone in the car! What would I do without her?! Thanks Nancy!

Oh, nothing cuter then a boy who slept half the time in the car there and back!

When we got home I pulled down the blanket that Grandma Shirley made Isaac when he was born. He's just perfect for it now and won't slip out of it. HE LOVES IT! He has to have his "Blue Grandma Shirley Blanket" all the time!  I think it's fun he knows who that is now! 

3 comments:

Lyme Girl said...

That was a cute post Ashley. I'll send it to my mom, "Grandma Shirley," when she gets her computer fixed. It crashed today!

Pam said...

Your family pictures are adorable! And he isn't your little Isaac anymore...he's huge and looks so old. They just grow up too fast.

Tim & Tash said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time in St. George (I love that place!) I hope your grandpa is doing better now. By the way cute family pictures. We haven't had a family picture done since Kaitlyn was a baby.... I should get that done.