Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jungle Jims Playland!

This weekend we went to Jungle Jim's Playland to celebrate my nephew, Joshy's birthday! It's like a glorified Chucky Cheese with a lot of fun rides. But don't be fooled the whole place could use a serious scrub down with soap, water, and a magic eraser! We got passed that and the kids had a great time! 

They had a lot of fun on the carousel. Isaac wouldn't even think of riding on a carousel until he recently rode a real horse... funny, I thought it would be the other way around. 

This was a very spinny ride. Brett was sick just watching the kids go around in circles. The lady kept spinning them faster and finally slowed them down because a couple of them (Isaac and Josh) looked like they might just throw up! I was a little concerned, but that didn't stop Isaac from going on it again! 

Bumper cars!! This was one of the kids favorite rides! The first time around they let Liz and I sit on the outside of the car and help our kids steer... I guess they got in trouble for that. oops. They loved the cars so much we had to let them try it on their own... oh boy, that was interesting to watch. Isaac tried to drive with Acacia next to him. When she finally figured out how to turn and Isaac would remembered to press the peddle they had a fun time. Poor little Josh kept getting stuck on the wall. He would cry saying he was stuck, poor thing. Zander was a pro, he could zip around the whole floor no problem! I put Isaac in the car with him on another turn and they had a blast together! 

Isaac loved the airplanes! He loved that they went higher and higher! I went on this ride with him a few times... it was pretty fun! 

Isaac & Zan flyin' high in the sky!

This roller-coaster ride was really fun. It went forward and backward and round and round. Isaac would laugh and laugh riding it! Notice Brett's missing from these pictures, he's not much for roller-coasters or things that go around, so I had to take advantage of  the small rides why I could! (Who knows when I will get to do it again!! Maybe in Disneyland one day after I do a lot of convincing!) 

All the kids loved the Jeep ride! They never wanted to leave it. It was slow, followed its tracks, and went through a tunnel... but they loved it! This is Acacia telling us, "the tunnel wasn't even that scary!" 

Isaac and Zan steering the Jeep... I have a small clip of this later. All of my sisters looked at me and said, "where did that kid learn to drive?!" I promise as you watch the clip, Isaac didn't get that from me! But he did really enjoy steering the wheel! 

We ate pizza there and Liz brought in a birthday cake. She made a special cake that Josh could eat... Dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free ice-cream cake! Now some would think, would that make a good cake, and surprisingly... yes! Liz is so impressive. She was never one for cooking but she sure has improved her skills cooking for Josh. It took her days to make all the layers for this cake but it turned out so cute and quite delicious! I thought maybe with all these "free" things that maybe it was "fat free" too.... no such luck. Liz laughed at me! One section was made with pure crushed macadamia nuts! Jungle Jim's was really great to us. They let us store our ice-cream cake in their freezer and allowed us to bend the rules and bring in a special pizza Liz made for Josh. (The downfall was we put it in a Little Caesar's box... and they frowned upon that!) We opened presents there. Liz gave Josh a dress up box of his favorite characters. Aladdin was who he immediately put on! 

Right across from our table there was a play house. Isaac spent most of his time there instead of eating. He really loved being in the top of the house smashed against the window! Later he told me he was helping some little boys and they got on his back... when they are too young to explain the whole situation, it makes me wonder what was really happening. 

We finished the night playing some games to get some tickets. Brett and Isaac played football, skeet ball, hitting the alligators (which said ouch and Isaac thought they were so funny), and stepping on the crocodiles. When all was said and done Isaac got a tiny skateboard, a blue plastic puppy to ride on the skateboard, and a candy chap-stick in turn for his tickets. He was pleased all the way home talking about everything he did. We were there till 9:30 and had a great time! 
Happy Birthday Josh!!! 

Here is the video of Isaac being all crazy and driving like a maniac in the jeeps. If you listen close you can hear Acacia telling us the tunnel wasn't even scary! 

2 comments:

Lyme Girl said...

I couldn't get the movie to play, but what a lot of fun pics you got at the party! It was fun catching up on your blog. Loved the funny stories about the drum, garbage man, and the bear . . . priceless memories! Someday you are going to be so glad you wrote them down! Love the new decor . . . The pumpkin patch pictures are still my favorite Isaac faces!

Jamie said...

HI!!! I found you on blog frog:) I love your blog... you're such a fun mom, I'm trying to work harder in that area. I just made a blog for us, www.themannings5.blogspot.com. We're going to have a get together in October sometime, are you guys busy or what weekend works for you? My email's jamiengirls@yahoo.com Talk to you soon.:)