I love being a mom. The hardest thing for me is when you have to accomplish a task and your child is NOT on the same page. I had this experience yet again the other day. I was at the Lindon Cannery picking up a couple of things. It was a quick errand but Isaac fell asleep right before getting there. I had my stroller, no problem... he transfers easily and then he could get a quick cat nap in. The machinery was SO loud that he was woken up the second we walked in the door. Not knowing where he was and taking after me, not always waking up the most chipper person in the world, he began to cry and cry and cry. I was talking to a lady trying to figure out what I needed to do and poor little Isaac was pulling on my leg and sobbing. I couldn't pick him up because the lady had a cold so she couldn't touch anything I needed. This is when I am truly grateful for people who are just generally kind and go out of there way to help where they can. Everyone there was so nice but one little man in-particular walked up to me and he was shinning a bright newly sealed tin can. He leaned down to Isaac and started talking with him. As he handed him the drum Isaac stopped crying. He told him it was a drum for him to bang on and drive me crazy (yes, those really were his words). Isaac was so puzzled and so pleased he sat back in his stroller and held on to this drum so tight and waited for me the rest of the time.
This man was so sweet and he will never know what a help he was to me that day. Sealing an empty tin can made a two year old boy very happy! When we got home it was late but the next morning I told him we could decorate his new drum.

Isaac picked out some of his favorite characters and I printed some pictures out for him to color. I love when he is excited to color because to him it's not just scribbles he actually dictates and tells me what he's coloring and why he is coloring it that color. I know it's hard to tell, but he does try and stay on the picture he's coloring.

Drum ditty, drum ditty, drum, drum, drum... this was fun but not loud enough.

So we found some spoons I don't use and he used those as sticks... I think he was much more pleased with the sound after that!

And just a quick coloring touch up.
What a nice idea that man had!
And I promise, Isaac does where pants! It just so happens in the morning he forgets them!
1 comment:
We do the same thing with empty shoe boxes! But if you put different sized rubber bands around it; it makes different sounds.
Post a Comment