Monday, September 1, 2008

The Children's Gardens

Maybe we were being ambitious, but I wanted to take advantage of $2.00 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point last week. So after the Dinosaur Museum, Isaac took a nap at grandma's house, we ate dinner, and then had Family Night at the Children's Gardens. Grandma Nancy came with us! 

Isaac and the Ark

Our family and the Ark

Isaac was a BIG fan of all the statues that were around the gardens. He liked looking at each one. We had 2 hours and since the Children's Gardens aren't that big, he had plenty of time to play! 

Inside the bear cave... riding the bear! Isaac seemed a little nervous going into the cave. It was a little dark and the bear holes to crawl in were really dark. I climbed up the holes with him and once he realized there was a way to run out, through, and back down, he was so pleased with the bear cave! He couldn't get enough of it. He would call for Grandma Nancy through the holes into the bear cave.

Even though these animals were not real, Isaac was still concerned about them. He was  telling me they were sad and they missed their mommy. 

Isaac happened to have a rubber lizard in his pocket so it was fun for him to see the big lizard and the little lizard. Kid's are amused easily! 

He really did enjoy each and every animal. He sat on this rock to pet a  chipmunk.
 
Ducks, ducks, ducks! He followed the footprints, chased them, (even though they don't move) and then he caught up to the mommy duck...

And SAT ON HER! Yup, that's my son. Looks like fun to ride a duck! 

The Children's Gardens got over quick and they had the gate open into the big gardens. We went through and let Isaac roll down the big hill again. Brett thought this was pretty comical to watch in person. Then me, being picture happy, had to get more pictures in front of these gorgeous waterfalls again! Isn't Brett and his mom so cute?! I think this is the first picture I have of just them since she got off her mission. 

And of course, a family picture. I was really lacking on them so now I'm trying to get them when I can! 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You wouldn't believe all the blog posts I've read about $2 Tuesday lately! Looks like so much fun.

Tara said...

Sounds like you have been busy! Looks like fun!