Friday, August 22, 2008

New Truck!

I am so excited! After a year of being patient and sharing a car with Brett... we finally got a 2nd vehicle! We decided on a 2003 Toyota Tacoma. We thought a truck would be nice for several reasons but mostly because it would help Brett with the yard and Koda can STOP riding in our car. I have just loved coming and going whenever I please! I can get from one place to the next without worrying about taking Brett to work or getting a ride or staying someplace all day. It's been great! It will be so nice to go to the store in the day now. 
I want to say thank you to so many people (especially our families) who would come and get me at a moments notice. You guys have been so great! Thank you so much! 

The first night we had our truck, we put Koda in the back and drove up to some mountains behind us to let her run and play. She obviously is not used to riding in a truck because with not much hesitation she leaped from the truck while we were moving and had a pretty harsh fall on the asphalt. She cut a big gash by her eye. We felt so bad! The only way we could get her to move is she wanted to jump in the back seat of the truck... not what either of us wanted... and then she got blood on the seat! Don't worry, I got that out with a magic eraser! She is now very scared of the truck but we are taking more precautions and there hasn't been any more disasters since. 

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay for freedom again! Poor Koda, though. Piper sends puppy hugs!

Rebecca said...

How fun! I've always wanted a Tacoma.

Lyme Girl said...

Congrats! You are a "white" vehicle family! Sign of the good guys! Poor puppy! When you guys were little we were driving several cars behind a truck with bedding etc. where the family was obviously moving. The family puppy was hanging its head out the back when it all of a sudden jumped out. Instantly the car behind it ran over it, much to the horror of their children and all who witnessed it! We were forever traumatized! So glad Koda is okay!

Jason said...

I love your tacoma! I'm totally jealous. I had one a few years ago and guess what? Landon jumped out too. No cuts, just a hurt leg! Enjoy the truck

Megan said...

I love the truck! Yeah now you can come and go as you please. and its 4 door the best part!

Pam said...

Yeah!! Now we can play more. I'll call you. Ashley...don't let Koda ride in the back without a crate!! I won't yell at you...but it's safer. Love ya!

Tara said...

Very Happy for you! I can't wait for you to come visit me!!! ha ha
Just kidding, well, kind of. I really do want to see ya some time soon. I hope you and your little family are doing well!
Love ya

Los Alexander said...

We are Toyota fans, I don't think we like other brands as much as Toyota.
I love the smell of new cars!
Congratulations!