Friday, August 29, 2008

I Love Organizing!

I know, it's kind of lame... but organizing to me is so fun and then when it's all said and done I just like to stare at the finished product and see how pretty it looks! Isaac's toys have been driving me crazy.  I feel like they are always spread across the house and there was no organization of where they were to be put away. I knew where they should go but if someone else cleaned up, they never got there. So I've taken my sister Rachel's idea of how she organized her son's room and I love it!  
I took a trip to Target and picked up these wire shelves. I turned one upside down for his ball bucket... perfect! The boy has so many balls they were always fluttering around the house. Then I got baskets and divided his toys up into categories. Cars, tools, farm people, train, music, characters, and misc. I took pictures of his toys, printed them, and stuck them to the basket so now whoever is cleaning up can know where they go! (yes Brett, this includes you!) I tested it out today on Isaac with a bunch of toys. He knew where they all went. If I tried to put one into a basket that didn't belong, he would catch me and help me find the right basket. I'm thrilled about this and I hope it continues to work this well! 

6 comments:

The Dansies said...

Very impressive. Are you available for hire? My house could use some serious organization, but it just doesn't come as naturally to me.

Stacy said...

You want to come help me with mine now?! I like the wire shelves idea...maybe we'll get organized one day, too! I'm so impressed!

Jeana & Jonathan said...

Oh no!!! Isaac is turning into his CRAZY mom! (This comment isn't from Jeana, as I am sure you already could tell) Does this mean he will be the one doing our dishes the next time you guys come over?!

Kris and Nat said...

No kidding I could use some serious help too! I dont feel like I have the time to sit down and organize anything. Hopefully that time will come soon. It looks awesome!

Tara said...

Very nice! I love organizing too! Jared sometimes says I need to be on medication! I love what you did with his toys! I may just end up steeling your idea! I don't think it's lame at all! I say there is a place for everything, and everything should go in it's place!! Did I mention I will be doing a lot of organizing in about a week! Me and Jared found an apartment in PG! We are moving on the 8th of September! I am so excited!!! Anyway... Good Job! It looks great! Love ya

Lonnie and Lindsay Fox said...

Hello-
So sorry I havent ever replied back to your post. Its so good to hear from you and see how you are doing. I am so excited to be able to "keep in touch".