Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Point Gardens

Yesterday Isaac and I went to Thanksgiving point for $2.00 Tuesday. All the exhibits are $2.00 until the end of the month on Tuesdays. We went with Grandma Nancy, Emilee, and her kids. I have never been to The Gardens, they are so pretty! Isaac gave up his stroller for Squiggle because she forgot hers. He walked through most of The Gardens and he was so tired by the end. When we got home he slept for 4 hours! Talk about wearing a kid out. (of course you will see him running up and down a hill in a picture that really wore him out!)  

Ashley, Isaac, Nancy, Emily, Lulu, Buddy, & Squiggle at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens

This is a plant grandma pointed out to the kids that feels like lambs ear. It was so soft! Isaac looked at me and said, "I like lambs... baaaaa!"

The big hill by the waterfalls the kids couldn't get enough of. I am shocked how much Isaac loved it. He ran up and down and back again a countless number of times! Then Lulu and Buddy showed Isaac the art of rolling down a hill. It took him a while to grasp the concept, but sweet Lulu is so patient with him. Her and Buddy would take Isaac up to the top, show him how to lay down and how to roll. I have a video of it I'll try and upload. I was laughing so hard! He looks like he would tumble on his head, flop forward, do a twist, get dizzy, sit up to rest, and then do it all over again. He eventually got the hang of it and was a pro at rolling down the hill. They did this over and over and over! It was sad when we had to leave the hill. This pretty much started a long journey of wearing him out for the day!

Follow the yellow brick road... (This is what this picture looks like to me!) Isaac loves being one of the big kids. He wanted to be independent all day. I think this came from freedom from not sitting in a stroller. He didn't want to hold my hand or grandma's. So Lulu and Buddy were his pals. He would grab their hands and they would jump, skip, and walk together. I love when cousins get along! They are so cute together! 

Lulu was right by Isaac at a moments notice, taking care of him. They walked around to look at the water and Isaac wanted to touch it so bad he was ready to climb right in! Lulu of course, being so motherly kept him from doing so! I was very appreciative! 
There were lot's of little ponds to look at. Some with fountains that were spitting water. All the kids loved putting their hands in and splashing it. Then came these highschool kids. They must have been doing a film for school because in front of all these little kids they climbed right in and started splashing around while video taping the whole thing. This was really hard to explain to Isaac and Squiggle we would not be jumping in with them! 

Walking up the steps - more walking ... getting more sleepy by the minute!
 
We thought it would be fun to snap a grandkid picture with grandma... little Breah is missing though. :(

With all the flowers around I'm surprised I saved so many of them! Isaac only plucked one and he was so proud of his flower. 

I just thought this was such a cute picture!
 
We went to the fish pond... and my goodness! I've never seen so many fish in my life! I kept thinking of my Grandpa Milt and how he always wanted GIANT fish like this in his fish ponds. They are probably so big because of how much they get fed! We let the kids feed them and I can't believe how these fish jump right on top of one another fighting for these little pellets. I wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of it. Isaac would yell at the fish and say, "Hey you fish, you share!" 

It was a really fun day - we were all pretty tired by the end. Like I said, a 4 hour nap for Isaac is unheard of! These days I'm lucky when he goes down for a nap! Anyways, I thought this picture was cute of Isaac and me by the waterfalls... Emilee does take great pictures! She has an eye for it! 

2 comments:

The Dansies said...

What fun. We are so sad we live so far away and miss out on all the cousin outings!

Stacy said...

What a fun outing! You should go to the children's garden next. They have "bear" caves that the kids can go in and out of and a big Noah's Ark splash zone that I'm sure Isaac would love. And congrats on the 4 hour nap...oh how I miss good naps... :)