Today is mine and Brett's 5th Anniversary! It went by so fast. It seems like just yesterday we were dating. I started thinking about all the things that has happened to us in these last 5 years. Though it is hard to go over everything I thought I would put together the highlights of each year.
2002/2003

Brett and I met in Cedar City while going to school at SUU. I'm from Highland and Brett's from American Fork so it's kind of crazy to me we had to go 3 hours away to meet!

We met in the fall of 2002 but were both dating other people. We enjoyed spending time together and hanging out as friends. Brett pulled me through a math class we were in together which he claims I got into because he was in that class... not true. Then a few months later in January, Super Bowl Sunday to be exact... we kissed! After that we were inseparable and got engaged that May.
2003 - The Wedding


We got married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It was such a beautiful but very hot day! By the end of taking pictures my makeup was just about gone. I loved my dress, poofy at the bottom and I felt like a princess... twirling was my favorite thing to do in this dress! It was fun to be surrounded by family and friends. Our photographer was crazy and on drugs... but hey, you can't win 'em all!
2004 - Living in Cedar City


We moved into our 1 bedroom apartment with a hallway for a kitchen... but I loved every minute of living there! We had some crazy neighbors and could hear them through the walls... so it was proof of how nuts they were. We lived there for 2 years until Brett and I finished up school. Brett graduated in Business Marketing and I graduated in Elementary Ed and Early Childhood Development. It was sad to leave little Cedar. We miss it and would move back in a heartbeat. It was a great little town to meet, fall in love, and start our life together.
2005 - Filled with Firsts!

In 2005 we had a lot of firsts! Our 1st BIG vacation, our 1st baby was on the way, and we were building our 1st house. We went to Brazil to visit Brett's parents on their mission. Brett was excited to return because he went to Brazil on his mission. It was nice to have someone big and strong next to me the whole trip to ask people questions and prices of things! It was also my first time being out of the country... it was very exciting for me!
Brett and Ashley in Brazil

Here is a very pregnant picture of me in our house we were building.

Here is a picture of Brett and I when our house first got started. I love this house and am so grateful we were able to build it... I love living here!
2006 - A New Addition!

Not the most flattering picture, but in May of 2006 Isaac came into our family. He was so tiny and has grown so fast! He changed our lives and now we don't know what to do without him!

Not the smartest people in the bunch, but we took Isaac out when he was 11 days old in SLC so I could attend one of my best friends weddings. People looked at us like we were crazy to have such a tiny little thing out in the hot hot sun!!! I didn't even think to bring something to cover him up... we are a little smarter now.
2007 - Another Family Member

Brett has always wanted a dog. In 2007 I broke down and let Brett get Koda. She's a really pretty chocolate lab and even though she is GIANT and only likes to listen when she really feels like it... she's a great dog and we like her in our family. I just wish she didn't grow so fast! She was so little when we got her... and 100 pounds bigger in a blink of an eye!

Our little family in 2007
2008 - Current Year

5 years later here we are! It's been such a fun ride. Up's and down's, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world! Brett makes me a better person and I can't picture my life without him. I'm looking forward to the next 5 years... and the 5 after that. Brett, I love you so much! Thanks for being such a wonderful husband who took me to the temple, who takes care of me, and provides for our family. I don't know what I would do without you. Happy Anniversary!
13 comments:
Congrat's Ashley! I had no idea our we were married so close together. Except years apart. I hope you guys have a great anniversary! Very cute post. I loved reading about your life together. Someday I will have to do that. Very cute! Love ya
Happy anniversary guys!! I can't believe it's been five years already. Are we really that old? I love that you did a post of the first of your married life. And I LOVED the pictures of you pregnant!! I forgot how cute that belly of yours was! I remember taking that picture at Jeana's wedding...he was such a little thing! Well, I love you! Congrats!
Beautiful post! You have the cutest family!
I like the- Our photographer was crazy and on drugs... we have a little story about our photographer too! hmmmmm
Anyways, happy anniversary! is fun to look back.
It was kind of weird to see how empty Fox Hollow was in that picture, and now...only the VIP-coolest people lives in there.
Happy Anniversary! Did you guys get to do something fun? Your post was so adorable. Sounds like you've had a great 5 years!
Hey Ashley,
Happy Anniversary! 5 Years is a big one!! It's amazing how fast time goes. Anyway, congrats on the big 5. The next is even better!!
I love the story! Isaac has grown so much. I miss seeing you guys around. :(
Happy Anniversary guys! It's hard to believe it has been that long. I love all of you to death and can't wait to see the next 50 years!
yay! happy anniversary! You two make a great couple!
Happy Anniversary! Isn't it weird how time goes by so fast!
Congrats Ash and Brett, we never thought you would make it this far :) I'm joking of course, we wish you WOULD move back to Ceder and not just talk about it though.
Congrats on 5 years!! I remember your wedding like it was yesturday. We had just found out that we were expecting Makayla. You guys have done alot in 5 years, hope the next 5 are even more fun!
Hey Ashley and Brett... I was looking at Lori and Byrons Blog and then started looking at yours. I made a blogs as well, I am kind of new at in the Blogger World but, I am sure I will get the hang of it. My blog is www.chetandstacy.blogger.com You guys are so cute!! Have a good one...
That was such a cute post! Fun to see the progression!
Post a Comment