It didn't matter what we said or did - even when we told him we would buy him a new one, he still wanted his blue balloon back. Then Brett said a few magic words, "your balloon went to Heaven to see Heavenly Father and Jesus." Isaac stopped crying and through his tears rolling down his cheek he looked up and said, "My balloon went to see Hebenly Father? Jesus get my balloon? He will get it for me!" This was very sweet but we tried to explain he was just going to keep it and how nice it was that Isaac sent his balloon to see him. This definitely settled him down knowing who HAD his balloon. (He was very concerned a dog was going to get it) Then we went inside and for the rest of the night he had mixed emotions. One minute he was thrilled Jesus and Heavenly Father had his balloon! Then the next, he was in tears crying over his blue balloon and hollering that it flew away and nobody caught it. He even started crying out 2 different times in his sleep saying, "my balloon! I need my balloon!" Life can be so traumatic for a 2 year old. He has a hard time "letting things go." Usually we hear about an event that took place for AT LEAST 2 weeks. I don't think we can take much more balloon crying. I think Brett is planning on bringing home a blue balloon tomorrow... stay tuned!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Up, Up and Away!
Tonight we went out to see my first flowers that bloomed! I was so excited I didn't realize Isaac carried out his balloon. He ran over to see my flower and kept telling me how pretty it was. Then he said, "mom where's my balloon?" Brett and I looked at each other then looked up in the sky. There was Isaac's blue balloon sailing up and farther south. It was still pretty low I yelled, "Brett catch it!" with Isaac screaming, "Brett catch it!" I knew it was still too high to reach. It blew away quickly in the wind and Isaac kept screaming, "Get my balloon! Come back balloon! Go get my balloon dad!" Brett was sarcastically explaining, he couldn't because he was not a bird. Isaac burst into tears and cried and sobbed over the tragic loss of his blue balloon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so hilarious! I can totally relate. I remember our first lost balloon--great idea to say Jesus has the balloon.
poor little guy. Life is so rough, huh? We used to tell my brother it was someone's birthday in heaven and he would always PURPOSELY let go of his balloon to help them celebrate. Kids are funny.
Sad!! Poor kid!
Oh! That's so sad Ash! ...But still very cute. That's adorable that Isaac stopped crying when you told him it went to Heavenly Father!
Love this story! So cute and so sad all at the same time!
Post a Comment