There were two things Isaac said though that took the cake: #1- Today it was fast and testimony meeting. As people would bear their testimony and end with "Amen" it would make Isaac jump! "AMEN!?" He would shout, "I WANT TO SAY IT!" meaning, he thought it was time to pray. This was cute, but it happened after every testimony! Isaac and I would have to say a little prayer after each testimony because it was his turn to say it. Then #2 - this is the one that killed me and made everyone giggle and look. It was at the end of the meeting, Isaac was a little "tooty". He decided to loudly announce (a couple of times), I TOOTIED!" Then he would giggle. He then looked at Brett with a big smile and said, "Common dad I gotta go potty!" He was very proud of himself. I am so glad he's recognizing when he needs to leave to go potty, but it was a very long sacrament meeting and at the end I was feeling a little red!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Sacrament Silliness
Because I use my blog for journaling purposes, I thought I would record what happened today in church because I'm sure one day Isaac will want to read it! Normally Isaac is fairly quiet in sacrament - especially because we go at 9 am. But today it was like someone cranked the volume on him and couldn't turn it down! Brett & Isaac went early and I ran in 5 minutes before church started, finding Isaac laying on my neighbor Sue. (Who he absolutely adores!) He saw me and loudly said, "It's my mommy!"(As everyone is walking in reverent) This wasn't bad but he kept talking loudly and asking me questions about his backpack and just being overly curious. No big deal, then church started. He was asking all kinds of LOUD questions like, "wheres my snack, crayons, church book, I need bread! Oh we membering Jesus, no daddy got me crayons!"And we had a baby blessing too. Well this couldn't go unacknowledged. Isaac was very loud in standing and shouting, "OH WHAT A CUTE BABY! CUTE BABY MOM!" It went on and on as we were trying to remind him to be reverent. Of course, so many children are like this and normally my ward seems much louder but today it was much more quiet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Ashley!
I wish I were sitting near you guys! My girls weren't there (that's probably why it was so quiet today)! But it sure would have been fun to be sitting closer to you guys, it sounds so entertaining!
They need to have a sacrament where the kids can just roam...I think it was something in the air today..Alex was the same way! He wanted down and to walk and then have me chase him...I took him out in the hall and he would run back into the chapel...NOT GOOD! We all should have sat by each other. Love your blog.
Haha. Isaac is so funny Ash. I bet all the people around you were having to hold in their laughing! Well that's so very exciting and sounds very entertaining too! :)
This is funny - just remember, it tends to be more embarrasing to you and more funny and endearing to others... Thats what I like to think anyway!
Kids! They say the funniest things! And they keep us humble, least we start patting ourselves on the back too much, thinking we are amazing parents!
well at least he wasn't screaming and being naughty!! he is such a cute kid!!
Hey Ash! I like your blog too! Hey, have you heard about Cheerful Noise?
Check it out! leslierowberry.cheerfulnoise.com
You are so funny! And Isaac is learning from you too. Where was I when you were this funny? yes, across the street...you know, you should go there and move to Sue's basement you have everything to replace us good enough, one Wade-Brett, one Tania- you, one Dallin- Isaac and one Bella, Koda...how is that for a plan?
I know Sue loooooves Isaac too!
I remember Isaac when I was pregnant with Dallin, and it was fun to look at him doing funny-cute stuff doing sacrament meeting, see, at that point he was paying more attention than us to the talks. LOL.
Post a Comment