Thursday, July 31, 2008

Swimming Lesson #6, Life Jackets

Yesterday was life jacket day! Since this week has been so crazy, I forgot about bringing a life jacket, so my neighbor Nicole was to my rescue once again and loaned me one of hers. Thanks so much! Amy, the teacher mostly went over what she liked and disliked about life jackets.. why some are bad, some are good, and some are the best. (incidentally Nicole, she liked the one I borrowed from you the best) The life jackets without the back padding and have a head float for a little tyke like Isaac is apparently a great thing! Plus, the strap underneath is a great thing to keep the life jacket down. It was a very informative class for when I get Isaac a life jacket. 
Our goal today was to try and let the kids feel the freedom of swimming with a life jacket. She said the kids would love their new found freedom. Isaac not so much. He hated me letting him go and would panic. I even gave him a noodle to hold on to, which he didn't care for either. I think just the though of it scared him so much he decided to sit on the step. I felt so bad! Lucky for me he eventually decided to come with me and leave his step to find Emma. After a few jumps together in the water, he was a happy camper. We spent the rest of our time singing silly songs together. He LOVES motor boat. He actually sang it the remainder of the day. If you don't know it, here it is... motor boat, motor boat go so slow (then we go real slow) motor boat motor boat go so FAST (obviously, I spin him faster) motor boat motor boat STEP ON THE GAS!!! We zoom around so fast in the water Isaac laughs his head off! He loves screaming, step on the gas. 

No comments: