Sunday, July 13, 2008

More of the 4th of July!

While everyone was hugging at the airport, Shaylah and I noticed Breah and Isaac playing so nicely together we couldn't help but take a bunch of pictures! 

It wasn't until later that day Brandon was looking through the pictures feeling a little disturbed that we let our children crawl around and play on the dirty airport floor! It didn't even occur to me! What bad parenting. I was just thinking how cute it was Isaac was trying to relate to Breah and getting her to crawl around with him! Cousinly love! 

I happened to be walking behind them, how cute is this?! The two boys and their parents! 

LaMonte drove home with us in our car. Isaac was very excited to have him there! They played peek-a-boo a lot of the time and grandma began to realize Isaac doesn't tire very easily from that game! It was so fun just being there with him and listening to his stories. 

Earlier that week Emilee and I got together and made a welcome home sign for the front of their house.
We tied yellow ribbons in the bushes and trees and had balloons waiting their arrival! (Sorry to Brandon when he went to put the balloons in the ground and they were a big tangled mess!)
 
It had been a very long day and Isaac didn't want to take a nap. Grandpa scooped him up in his arms and cuddled with him. Within minutes Isaac was fast asleep... I should say he took to grandpa very well! I am told this is how LaMonte put Brett to sleep as a toddler too. Like father, like son. When Isaac woke up from his nap he was laying down in another room. When I found him he was crying saying, "I want my grandpa!" 
 
Later that day we were outside enjoying the nice weather... Isaac played basketball with grandpa and Uncle Brandon. 

Isaac is very protective of his two younger cousins, Squiggle & Breah. (He really enjoyed pushing them both in the stroller) Thanks for being so trusting Emilee and Shaylah! 

And of course, we did fireworks! This is the first year Isaac really has cared about them. He loved them! He clapped and jumped and said things like, "WOW! THAT'S AWESOME!" He loved the screeching ones so I would ask him, what's that Isaac? He would shout, "It's a bird!" I guess fireworks have a close sound to birds! (Just a little louder!)

It was such a fun day and it's been so fun to have LaMonte and Nancy back this week! Yesterday Brett was over at his parents house and he told Isaac it was time to go see mommy.  Isaac told him he didn't want to! He wanted to stay at grandma's.

No comments: