My friend Tara and I gave our dear friend, Jeana a baby shower a week or so ago. It was a lot of fun and Jeana got some really cute things! I was cutting it a little short because her baby was due within weeks... good thing I didn't wait any longer because her sweet little girl was born yesterday, 2 weeks early!
I made these little candy bar wrappers (that I wrapped around a candy bar) to hand out when people were leaving and I thought they were so much fun! All the nutrition facts and ingredients were baby centered... I was so happy with how they turned out! And I learned hershey bars aren't wrapped in tinfoil anymore! When did that happen?
Jeana & Ashley
The food turned out really cute. Tara is an amazing cook. She is starting to make wedding cakes but she also makes darling desserts! She made the bright pink and green mini key lime cheesecakes. They turned out so cute and were very yummy!!! (Everyone did comment that is unnatural to eat a bright pink key lime cheesecake, but Tara pointed out key lime isn't even green! Who knew? We also had dipped strawberries that had the bright pink and green color drizzled over them and a sherbet dessert with sprite... but note to self, sprite and sherbet taste good together, but don't always look that pretty when mixed! haha.
And of course, my balloon boy... when it was all said and done Isaac gathered up several balloons and has spent over a week playing with them. We had tootsie rolls tied to the bottom of the balloon to hold them down. He thought it was so great because they wouldn't float away. He got so mad at Brett the other day when he took off a tootsie roll and ate it. The balloon escaped at we spent a long time jumping off the couch and trying to grab the balloon that managed to get stuck in our vaulted ceiling. It was actually very entertaining!
5 comments:
How did you make the candy bar wrappers??? I was going to buy some for my sister in laws shower but they are kind of expensive. Will you let me in on the secret??? It looks like the showere went well. The kitchen table looks darling. Her baby is so dang cute!!! She is a little thing just how Baylin was. That is how much she weighed.
Once again, you threw a great shower! So talented!! And Jeana's baby is BEAUTIFUL!!! Holy smokes...it's crazy we're all moms now huh? who would've thought!
Umm...not ALL of us are mom's yet. Good job as usual with the shower Ash.
Your shower looked amazing Ashley! The pictures looked so cute. I'm calling you if I ever have to do something like that. :)
The shower looked like it turned out awesome!! Sorry I couldn't make it. Those are some really cute pictures
Post a Comment