Friday, June 27, 2008

WALL-E

Brett's boss was so nice today and surprised everyone (plus family members) with movie tickets to see Wall-E! I was a little nervous beacause this was Isaac's FIRST movie in the theater. (not counting the one time we took him as an infant. It was so loud I never did it again.) Brett and I were so surprised! Isaac did so great! He absolutely loved the movie. He didn't get board at all. He especially loved rocking in the seats! He was too light for the chair and it would fold him up! So we had to hold down the seat so he wouldn't get smashed. 
The movie started with a little pre-cartoon about a magician and his bunny. I was laughing cause it was so funny, but Isaac was historical! He thought the bunny was so funny. I'm so glad they showed this cause it really set his excitement for the rest of the movie. In Wall-E, since he's a robot, there isn't a ton of talking so they made it really interesting to watch. Isaac would be on the edge of his seat shouting at Wall - E and commenting on everything Wall-E was doing. He would get very concerned if Wall-E got hurt and would inform me, wall-e needed a band-aid. There was a girl robot name Eva-A. Isaac would put his arms out and shout, "Wal-E! Eva-A!" every time they were on the screen together! Even though Isaac didn't get half of the jokes, a lady next to us would laugh out loud. So Isaac followed her lead by glancing at her and then he would open his mouth and let out a big laugh too! At one point in the movie it got a little scary. Isaac looked at me and said, "Scary mom. I no want to watch." Luckily the scary part didn't last long and he was happy again. I loved watching Isaac's emotion to these characters. He had such sympathy and excitement for them with everything that happened! 
At one point we had put up the arm rests so Isaac could lay on me. Brett tried to scoot him over to his seat so Brett could sit by me. Isaac would not have it! He got very stern with Brett and told him he wanted his seat back! Brett quickly obeyed... we really didn't want to make a scene! 
Brett's boss bought everyone popcorn and Isaac was so excited. He munched on it through the first part of the movie. He would be staring at the movie with his hand flopping around, reaching for the bag - making sure Brett would share with him. I also had juice and fruit snacks for him that helped him later on. We only had to run out once for a potty break but Isaac couldn't wait to go back and see Wall-E! 
When we were out in the foyer, there was a giant 3D cardboard cut out of Wall-E. Isaac was so excited. He went over and talked with him. I heard him asking him how he was doing. Guess he really loves him! He was so sad when the movie was done and he didn't want to go home. It was so successful Brett and I can't wait to take him to another movie!  

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How fun! I saw the preview for it, and wondered how it would be.