As you can imagine, after a year of this treatment I got pretty used to it for several reasons! #1- no more getting chilled to jump out and grab my towel. #2- No water on the floor! and #3 - I could keep an eye on Isaac cause when I would call him he would come running and I knew he wasn't getting into any trouble. Plus, he was always so proud of himself for helping!
So yesterday, it wasn't any different. After my shower I called to Isaac. He came running with his cheery smile saying, "Whhhaaaat Mom?" I said, "Isaac will you please hand me my towel?" Not giving even a second to think about it, Isaac's smile looked very annoyed and his eyebrows turned into a frown! Then he said, (very loudly might I add) "NO MOM! YOU GET YOUR OWN TOWEL! I'N - A WATCHIN' MICKEY MOUSE!" Then he turned around and ran out of the room.
I was a little surprised and couldn't help but laugh! I got yelled at by my 2 year old son. He definitely has a mind of his own now and knows exactly what he wants and DOES NOT WANT to do!
On another note, I can't help but think some of his little attitude he's picked up is from me. If I'm frustrated I tend to squeeze my fists and say, "grrrr." I didn't know how close Isaac was watching this until one day he was frustrated with me, he stomped his foot, tightened up his little fists, got right in my face and said "GRRRRR!" (As his little eyes were popping out of his head!) I promise, he is the sweetest little boy. I guess I would rather have him do that to get out his anger then hitting something! Guess I have to be more careful!
2 comments:
HA! I was laughing so hard. I can just picture sweet little innocent Isaac doing that and saying that in such a cute little person voice. Cracks me up how fast they learn thing and go about expressing themselves.
This is the funniest story ever! I've repeated it a lot since you related it to me. Kids are funny!
Post a Comment