Yesterday Isaac came across the hand sprinkler and wanted to know what it did. We hooked it up to the hose and showed him how big it could spray and how he could run through it. He was a little hesitant at first and mostly ran around it. Then we turned it down so he could see it better and he was in water heaven from then on. Koda came around the corner and noticed the water so she tried to catch some in her mouth. I turned it down for her so she could get a drink.... little did we know Isaac was going to join in the fun!

Isaac never gets too close to Koda unless she is holding real still - busily eating or drinking. When Isaac knows its safe and Koda won't bug him he likes to pet her. As he was petting her he said, "Oh, you a soft bear!" (We call her Bear for short - because let's face it... she is one!) Isaac thought he could have some fun, so he ran over and turned up the water full blast while Koda was drinking. Of course Koda ran away and Isaac bust up laughing screaming, "I got Koda wet, I got Koda wet!" (He was very proud of what he did of course!)
After Isaac was through being a dog he figured out the sprinkler could be picked up. He had a ton of fun getting soaked and chasing me with the hose! "I'n goin-a spray you mom! I'n wanna spray you!" (I however, did not give in so easily to being soaked... again by my son!)

Luckily a new target walked around the corner and Isaac took off on a new adventure, "I'n wanna spray you dad! Come here!" Brett didn't come out so dry. In all the excitement of water play it was finally time to go in and get ready for bed... Isaac was NOT a happy camper. Now my question is, how do you convince a 2 year old play time is over? It never goes over well at our house, but it's sure fun while it lasts!
3 comments:
What a crazy little boy! That is the funniest story. Isaac is becoming quite the character--such a 2yo!
Isaac is so funny. It just gets more and more fun the older kids get. So would you recommend Wall-E? We were thinking of taking our kids. :)
Koda looks so big! Is a totally different dog from 6 months ago.
I used to be so against Dallin and Bella even touching the same things, but those days are sooo over.
cute post, I love that Isaac is always so happy.
Post a Comment