Monday, June 30, 2008

Magic Eraser Saves The Day! - Again!

Isaac came to me this morning saying, "Look at dis mom. I drawed on me." I'm sure you can imagine my excitement. In 3 1/2 days he meets his grandparents for the 1st time and he's scribbled on! This has happened in the past and no matter how hard I scrub with soap and water it only lightens it and takes a few days to fade away. I didn't want him to have the "slightly dirty" colored on look meeting Nancy and LaMonte so I googled how I could get his ink off. Diluted bleach and alcohol seemed to be the #1 answer - yuck! On his little skin? His face? Then someone suggested the magic eraser! I'm telling you I LOVE this product. 
I took this picture after I was almost done scrubbing him. He was covered from head to toe, arms & hands, tummy & legs, cheek to cheek! (What art work - his tummy displays what most of him looked like) Where was I when he was doing this? But with a little light scrubbing the magic eraser took it off and hopefully with no other disasters he will be a clean little boy to hug his grandma and grandpa! 

*On a side note, Brett informed me when using the Magic Eraser on skin you have to be careful because scrubbing too hard could leave a burn. But, I had already used it before knowing that. I noticed now, Isaac has a small red mark on his leg but it doesn't hurt.  I have to imagine it's still better then bleach, right?!

2 comments:

Emilee said...

You are a blogging fiend lately! I can't believe Magic Eraser got it off--it is miraculous. I don't know how any parent can leave without it.

Andrea said...

I think you were right to use the magic eraser over bleach. wonder product! Have a great time meeting grandparents!