I made a little spinner for his hat... which Isaac couldn't wait to eat. He thought it was a great sucker. (I molded the spinner from a starburst!) My favorite part of Pablo are his lips! Again, molded from starbursts... but I think it makes him so cute.


After all this work Isaac didn't want to eat the cake, but he sure LOVED the frosting. He licked and licked and licked some more. I thought he was going to be sick! Good thing this cake was made for our family... a good half of Pablo's stomach was missing frosting by the end and I don't think anyone would have wanted a bite! After he ate a ton of frosting he moved on to the marshmallow eyes. I looked at Brett and wondered why I went to all this trouble... but then every day since his birthday all Isaac says to me is, "Mommy made me a Pablo cake! My Pablo cake for my birthday!" I guess that answers it! That melted my heart. Thats why I do it and why I will make another fun cake next year!
9 comments:
WoW! That looks awesome! I know who to call when I need help with cakes.
I am so impressed with the hero cape and the Pablo cake! Ashley, you are supermom!
Very impressive. I know it seems like a lot of work for something that is going to be eaten, but you really get something from doing it. It is a fun hobbie! Maybe you can be my new cake decorating buddy!
Very impressive. I know it seems like a lot of work for something that is going to be eaten, but you really get something from doing it. It is a fun hobbie! Maybe you can be my new cake decorating buddy!
Holy fantastic cake! I love it.
I am completely impressed! It takes so much patience to do that! Wow! And what a perfect idea to mold those out of starburst!!!
I have always been surprised at how easy it is to cut the cake too. I just have to make sure I cut it correctly, since it's hard to un-do.
Way to go!
Wow! Look at you go!!! I am totally impressed. I just call up the local grovery store and they make mine. I think I should try it one day. Good Job! It was a darling cake!
Wow! Better than I ever imagined. Great job Ashley! I also love the cape--so cute. Wish my little guy would have let me finish his as planned :(
Post a Comment