We had a lot of fun this weekend celebrating Isaac's 2nd birthday! We had our own family party at home on Friday. We had a day of opening presents and eating (licking) Pablo birthday cake! Our mouths were VERY blue. The saddest part was when Isaac blew out his candle getting too close and burning his little lip. Even though he got hurt, he asked to blow it out again... staying farther back with a successful blow!
Saturday we took Isaac to the Hogle Zoo. He loves animals and it was so fun to watch his face light up looking at all of them. We spent over 4 hours there! When we got to the giraffes Isaac wanted to jump in the cage! Later he found a stuffed one and sat on it. I guess it looked like the perfect thing to ride!
At the Zoo it was Mom and Me day to celebrate Mother's Day. Isaac got to do face painting along with other fun activities. We were nervous to see if he would hate his face being painted. But he chose and monkey and the whole time the lady was painting it Isaac said, "She making me a monkey mom!" When he saw himself in the mirror after he was so tickled! He was so proud to run and show daddy his monkey face!
It was Ironic he chose that considering every time we walked by a monkey house he said, "Pee you! Their stinky mom!" He thought the elephants were big but he was most interested to see that the elephant forgot to use the potty while we were looking at them! Out of all these animals I would have to say his favorite was a peacock! Maybe the feathers? He kept chasing after it screaming, "Come back peacock! Come back!" He couldn't get enough of it.
My parents gave him oodles of puzzles, which I love how much he's learning from them and he thinks they are so fun! They gave him a zoo animal puzzle and he took the giraffe piece to bed with him that night after the zoo. Has to be comfy huh? Grandma and Grandpa in Brazil gave him a lawn mower which he has drove up and down the sidewalks daily since he got it.
It was a fun birthday and it was so nice to spend his birthday and Mother's Day with my little family. It was so much fun!


6 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. My eyes light up when I go to the zoo and see all the animals too! (that's not a joke) I am glad he had a good birthday and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I would love to come down and watch the David face off with you, but I am leaving to Disneyland on Wednesday!!
Cute!! I'm glad that you had fun. What lawn mower did you end up going with? The reason that video isn't on my blog is self explanitory! That slide was HARD! My cute Isaac is getting so big!
We went with the Little Tikes lawn mower. Its really sturdy. The only downfall is its so loud! My neighbors were talking to me and all I could hear is, pop pop pop pop! But, he loves it! Its really darling. I still think you should post that video! That made me laugh so hard!
I love the zoo! My favorite thing to do is go in the gofer holes. Do you remember doing that when we were kids? I loved them then and I love then now. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. We will have to get together soon and do something fun like that. Love ya!
Tara
The zoo is the best place to teach your children about all the many creations on earth. We're lucky to have a zoo near our home! You guys are wonderful - best wishes...and happy birthday, Isaac!
It looks like Isaac had a great time. I love when little kids have birthday's, they go so excited!!!
Post a Comment