Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Guess I Can Sew!

I've never been much for sewing, even though when I do sew, (which is rare) I get very excited about what I make! For Isaac's birthday I have wanted him to have some dress ups. (Brett prefers if I call them costumes) I decided to try making this double sided Superhero Cape from a tutorial my sister found online.  She made Superman and Batman, I chose to make Superman and Super Isaac - using the Mr. Incredible "I" incase some other kid may be wearing it. 

I was surprised how easy it was! I am very pleased with how it turned out. The tutorial was step by step with pictures and made it so easy for me. She even had cute cape ideas for girls! Anyways, here is how it turned out. I'm pretty excited about it and I love seeing Isaac zoom past me saying, "Superman!"





5 comments:

April said...

That's awesome! Feel free to help me learn how to use my sewing machine any time!

Ashley and Brett said...

I said I can sew! I didn't say I was good at it!

Angela said...

Wow Ash! You are so talented. You have all these talents I didn't know about. The cake turned out so perfect, and it looks like the frosting took forever. I'm sure Isaac loving it was all you needed to make it worth it, and since you took pictures Isaac can look at it someday and really appreciate all the time spent. The zoo looked like so much fun. We have taken Wyatt once and he too loved it. It was like 2 years ago, and he still talks about it. If we lived closer I would totally buy a season pass and take him all the time. I am kind of sad we don't live close enough to go more often. He would just love it, and it would get us out of the house.

Amber said...

You're AMAZING!

Megan said...

Look how talented you are! You are miss domestic! Good job! They look great. I think its ok to call them dress ups. I don't see anything wrong with it.