Sunday, May 25, 2008

Birthday Festivities!

May is always a busy month filled with birthdays between family and friends. I always loved having a May birthday and sharing my birthday month with my mom and now my son. Yesterday was my birthday and I turned the BIG 25!!! Yup, I'm an old maid now. My sisters keep asking me how if feels to be a quarter of a century old. Personally, its pretty much like 24! (However, everyone in my ward tells me I'm still a spring chick! It pays to be one of the young ones!) It was such a fun day, especially since Brett and Isaac were with me all day. I got a cute little kitchen fairy to add to my collection and Brett and I went out to dinner and saw, What Happens In Vegas. (I love Ashton Kutcher!) I had so much fun.

I have to admit my FAVORITE present was given to me by Isaac. I'm just kicking myself I didn't get a picture - it happened too fast. It was thought of all by himself. I was inside and I heard a knock on the sliding glass door. When I opened it Isaac had a BIG smile on his face and I noticed he was holding a grocery bag. He started to jump up and down screaming, "Happy Birthday Mom!! Happy Birthday!" As he handed me the bag I looked inside and from the time he was outside he had collected me a bag of dirt. He was so proud of his little bag he gave me. Of course I gave him a big hug and said thank you. Then he took the bag back to fill it more. By the time I thought to take a picture he had dumped out the bag of dirt. What a thoughtful little boy I have! That present truly was thought up all by himself!  


This past week we celebrated mine, my mom's, and Isaac's birthday. I got a lot of singing cards and Isaac loves each of them and can't play them enough. He actually got me a singing card and drew some very pretty circles! (Brett told me he said they were mommy, daddy, and baby Isaac!)

I'm kind of sad to see my birthday pass, I so love the EXTRA special treatment from Brett. Thanks for all the calls and cards - everyone is so nice and made me feel so loved! 

I wanted to wish my cute mom a special Happy Birthday! I finally have a picture of my parents together - thats so rare!!! 
 

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! I'm glad you had such a great day and what cute pictures of your parents and you and Isaac. You should post a picture of your new kitchen fairy, I would like to see what it is that you collect!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday! I usually try to call you on your b-day, but we have kind of had a big overwhelming weekend. So sorry it's late, but Happy Birthday! Isaac is sooo cute. That dirt thing is so funny.

Emilee said...

That bag of dirt is the sweetest present EVER! Isaac is such a sweetheart!

The Dansies said...

I hope one day you will find it in your heart to forgive us. I'm glad you had an otherwise good day though! Your mom looks so good, it's good to see her getting up and about!

jackie said...

I didn't know you and Ky had the same birthday! Happy late birthday! Mine is tomorrow and I'll be 25 too! I didn't realize how close our birthdays are. Hope you had a great day!

Pam said...

Um Love...you can only be an old maid if you're not married. And I guess since you and Brett are still intertwined, that doesn't apply to you! You're funny!

Ashley and Brett said...

Haha, I didn't think of it like that Pammy! Thats funny!