Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Kitchen Fairy Collection


(Click to enlarge the picture and see their darling little faces!)

I am surprised to find out how many people don't know what a Kitchen Fairy is! They are these little fairies who by their poem say they like to sleep in your China dishes and when your not looking they get into trouble in the kitchen. They have so many, but the food fairies are my favorite.  I have 14 in my china cabinet and I hope to one day have them all!  If you know how many there are, its a lot! When my grandma died this past year she had TONS of precious moments. She could decorate for each holiday with just precious moments designed for a specific holiday. I hope to be able to do that too with these little fairies one day! Anyways, for those who don't know what they are here are what mine look like!
 
I love them all and can't get enough of their darling outfits, poses, pigtails, and face expressions! They are too cute!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Ashley, those are too cute! I love how you have them arranged in your china cabinet.

Los Alexander said...

You are a collector for sure! I remember you told me you used to collect Willow Tree too. Ahhh! I left all my WT collection back in Utah, and I know how it is, you never get enough of them.
Happy Birthday, you are so young! makes me feel old. At least you are still saying what your real age is.
I didn't want to look at your blog because of the American Idol thing but I couldn't help it and I already know who won.
Oh well...it's over and now nobody cares about AI until next year.

Tim & Tash said...

Hey Happy 25th Birthday!
Sorry we ended up spending the whole weekend in St.George, and were pretty busy the whole time. We just got back yesturday. Sounds like you had a great birthday. Maybe we will actually get together before this year is over. We will be in town for the next week so give me a call sometime.

Emilee said...

my kids love your kitchen fairies.
I also wanted to say your new blog header is very cute. Did you make it yourself? You are awesome.

Kenzie said...

Aww... So cute. I love all of your little fairies. (Especially among all your pretty china!)