Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Got Tagged...

Here's The Rules...
A. The rules are posted at the beginning.
B. Each Player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people by posting their names; then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged.

What were you doing ten years ago?

I was 14, a 9th grader in Jr. High.  I was "dating" (if you can call it that) Josh Hunter.  I was very busy hanging out with friends and getting excited to learn to drive, date, and all the fun stuff that comes with it! Oh, and my favorite part of this year, I got the chicken pox! Nothing more embarrassing then your friend calling you from school saying they are bringing your boyfriend over to see you - thanks Pam.  I was so vain and tried to cover up all my pox!

Snacks I enjoy:

I like craisens, cheese and crackers, yogurt, stove popcorn, and chocolate!

Five things on my to-do list today:

1. Laundry and Cleaning 
2. Quick Wal Mart stop
3. Visiting Teaching
4. Helping my mom
5. Cooking Dinner and being with my family! Oh, and Pay Bills!
(I have a  very exciting day ahead of me!)

Things if I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire: 

Pay off the house, regular manicures, pedicures, and massages! I would go shopping so I can decorate my house more, buy new clothes, get a fence, save money for kids, get another dog for my husband, get some kind of mini dog I've always wanted, and travel many, many places with my husband! (and Brett, that would include a trip to Disneyland with the kids, it will happen one day!) Oh, and maybe get a maid for the things I hate to clean! 

Three of my bad habits: 

1. Not waking up after Brett has tried to get me up over and over again! (This is happened my whole life... nothing new. Ask my dad or any old roommates - sorry Ang!) 

2. Not putting away my makeup and hair stuff after I get ready in the morning (I have to let my flat iron cool down, then I remember about it later and I think... oh I'm just going to use it in the morning!) 

3. Bugging Brett about so many little things cause I'm a little controlling .  (Sorry hunny!) 

Jobs I have had: (oldest to newest)

Fast food (yuck!)
Five Buck Buffet (not much of a step up!)
Dad's Office (Several times in my life)
Telemarketing (I don't even think I lasted a month!)
Wal Mart
Physical Science Department Secretary
AB Initio Academy Teacher
Tutoring
Substituting Elementary
Now... a mom! I still do a lot of the same stuff from other jobs plus trying to keep my household going ... I think this job is definitely the most exhausting! 

Things people don't know about me: 
(I don't know how much of this is a secret, but I'll give it a shot!)

1. Even though everyone knows I adore chick flick movies, I love watching Matthew McConaughey, Patrick Dempsey, Zac Efron and Hugh Grant on the big screen! 

2. I like things clean... and can really drive Brett and Isaac crazy.  I'll put things away before I realize they weren't done using it.  I also clean A LOT when I'm upset.

3 . I'm a "Friends" a-holic.  I can watch any episode over and over again and not get sick of it. I also really love the show Big Shots and will be so sad if it goes off the air! 

4. I'm not a great swimmer. I love water and you think I would be good at swimming especially with how much I was around it growing up, but I always seem to panic when I get into deep water. Recently, I was watching home movies and  I realized my swim instructor was drowning me and then pulling me up out of the water by my bangs! No wonder I never learned to  swim! I had terrible training!

5. I sing... and not always well! I love to dance around and sing at my house, my moms, if I'm in the shower and using anything for a microphone! It makes Isaac laugh really hard and Brett usually is in amazement about how loud I can actually be! Half the time I'm just trying to get him to join in and sing and dance with me!


I Tag...

Angela
Pam
Megan
Tara
Tashina

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That was really fun! Hey, have fun at Bec's baby shower this weekend, I really wish I could be there.

Lyme Girl said...

Hey Ashley,
We LOVE your new layout. It's the best one yet! It's a keeper! About that little dog you want to buy . . .We know where you can get a FREE one with a cute friendly face and soft fur - great with kids - and comes complete with a dog run and a dog house or two! Also, your dad says you should 'star' your years working at the flooring company as the best ever!!

Ashley and Brett said...

Thanks mom, but I think I will let you keep your dog! However, my neighbor has this darling black shih tzu mix... only 3 months and she doesn't want him any more. He's free and I want to take pity on the poor thing. He's so cute! I just don't think I could convince Brett right now!
Let dad know that I did enjoy working at his office! It really was beneficial when I needed to do wedding plans and had to leave! Probably the most flakey secretary he had working there, but great for me!