Friday, January 4, 2008

Vicks Vapor Rub

Isaac has been teething and along with that came a little cold.  He has been up coughing ALL night and then he's grumpy all day because he hasn't slept. (not to mention, Brett and I haven't slept!) So I heard this thing about Vicks Vapor Rub - if you rub a generous amount on the bottom of your feet before you go to bed, it's suppose to help you stop coughing.  Why would this work I kept asking? But, I decided to try it.  2 nights!! He has slept thanks to rubbing Vicks on his feet! I thought he would hate having his feet lathered in peppermint, but he really enjoys it.  I did have to get up one of the nights only once and reapply it, but other than that... no coughing... and just sleeping!  Its been great!  

3 comments:

April said...

I'm so glad to hear that works! I read it in an email and tried it with no success. Maybe I didn't use enough. I'll just have to try it again now that I know it works!

Andrea said...

I saw this in an email last year and tried it on Brooke. Her cough stopped, but she did NOT like the feel of vapo rub on her feet. Screaming, screaming...I think we finally had to give her feet a bath to calm her down. And then I think I read somewhere that this is actually a myth, but if it works, don't stop! I heard on the news that a spoonful of honey will also help with a cough.

michellecluff said...

hmmm...can you use it on a 7-month-old or no? we're going on 3 weeks of sickness now! love it!