My mom gave me this cookbook for Christmas! It's called Deceptively Delicious by: Jessica Seinfeld. I wouldn't be surprised if any of you saw it on Oprah, its basically taking foods and adding in (or hiding) pureed vegetables or fruit. Anyways, I have been so excited to try it out! Today I spent my afternoon pureeing vegetables so I can start trying out the recipes. You see, I can get my son to eat the small vegetables - peas, corn, an occasional green bean. But my husband - no way! So, tonight I started with something I thought would be familiar. Mac n' Cheese - but homemade. Well I also added to it, butternut squash! I'll admit I was holding my breath at dinner but when I saw Isaac and brett gobble it up and say how yummy it was, I was so relieved! I can't wait to try out some more recipes... even desserts! Have any of you tried it? If so, what recipes?
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Deceptively Delicious
My mom gave me this cookbook for Christmas! It's called Deceptively Delicious by: Jessica Seinfeld. I wouldn't be surprised if any of you saw it on Oprah, its basically taking foods and adding in (or hiding) pureed vegetables or fruit. Anyways, I have been so excited to try it out! Today I spent my afternoon pureeing vegetables so I can start trying out the recipes. You see, I can get my son to eat the small vegetables - peas, corn, an occasional green bean. But my husband - no way! So, tonight I started with something I thought would be familiar. Mac n' Cheese - but homemade. Well I also added to it, butternut squash! I'll admit I was holding my breath at dinner but when I saw Isaac and brett gobble it up and say how yummy it was, I was so relieved! I can't wait to try out some more recipes... even desserts! Have any of you tried it? If so, what recipes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Ashley!
I DID try a recipe! The brownie one. It was interesting and sorta good....and then I lost my momentum! Here's my experience...
http://tuckerandjamie.blogspot.com/2007/10/deceptively-delicious.html
I've still got vegetable purees in my freezer. I should get them out!
Jamie
My sister got that book for Christmas and I wondered if it would be any good. I should steal it from her some day...
I would love to try that cook book. I have heard really good things about it. I just don't know when I would have the time to prepare everything.
Post a Comment