Sunday, January 20, 2008

Two Cooks in the Kitchen

My favorite person to cook with is Isaac.  Every time he sees me walking into the kitchen he grabs a chair and drags it over.  He can sit next to me for hours helping me cook, even if I give him his own bowl and spoon.  Brett's grandma made some aprons for her grandkids so I wear one when I cook. Isaac has to have one of his own, just to be like mom!  

As Isaac and I were cooking tonight, I realized I forgot to mention one of my favorite things Isaac does as we cook.  He is so patient through the whole cooking process (even though he's always saying, "I want some!") He gets so excited at the end when he finally gets to taste the product we've been making. (Like his dad, he LOVES to lick the beaters) Well, after he gets a taste he always gets a big smile on his face and shouts, "Dee-Licious!" It makes me laugh every time to see something so small say something so big! 

If we make pizza dough, Isaac has to have his own. I showed him how to toss it and now he has to throw dough all around the kitchen. (I even found some in his room. He managed to get some past me!) Anyways, it keeps him entertained for a long time! (Don't worry, we don't use that dough!)


In the end, all my drawers get rearranged, there is more food on the floor then what got into the bowl, and it takes me twice as long to cook, but he keeps me laughing and makes everything I do twice as fun!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Ashley, what a darling post! That picture of you and Isaac is so cute. What fun.

Pam said...

Did you really just write "test" on my blog? Ha Ha! I love the picture of you and Isaac. He is so a mini-you!

georgeandmarie said...

I got the layout at pyzam.com its one of there Valentine ones.

April said...

What a great example you are! I should really try to be more excited about cooking and letting Myah cook with me; I guess it just feels like so much work.
You make it sound like so much fun, though!

Mathie Fam said...

Hey Ashley-- Of course I don't mind you checking out my blog. That's why I have it! I'm glad you found me! You little boy is so cute! It's so fun to keep in touch!