Monday, January 28, 2008

The things kids think of...


Isaac does so many little things that shock me or make me laugh... thought I would share!

Brett put together this little step stool for me. Isaac automatically thought it was a new little table for him! (notice his other table in the background) He had to squeeze his little self in, but he was small enough to fit.  He then found some tupperware lids, asked for some crackers, found a little sacrament cup, had me fill it up with water and sat down for a little snack.  

The other day we were at my moms with my niece, Eliza.  They were sitting together finishing eating their little cups of Jello.  I was helping my mom and we noticed Isaac opening the dishwasher.  Before I could say anything he put his spoon away and turned the Jello cup upside down and stuck it in the dishwasher to be washed! He closed the dishwasher and walked away very pleased with himself! My mom looked at me and said, "Well, you can see who he spends most of his time with!" 

This made me think... I watched Isaac walk into the bathroom and take out all of his washcloths.  He sat down on the floor and folded them all!  He was so patient and folded each one so carefully! He was so happy when he was done, he carefully placed them back into his drawer.

The other day we were tending at my brothers house.  He had a framed picture facing against the wall in his basement.  Isaac was curious to know what it was.  As he started looking at it he shouted across the room, "Mom, Jesus!! Jesus mom." Also, I noticed if we forget to say prayer at lunch, Isaac is the first to stop us, fold his arms, and say "Prayer?" Good thing we have kids to remind us what's important! 

I guess he's learning a lot more than I thought! 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey Ashley. I love your new background! How do you get new templates?

I loved this post - Brooke has been doing a lot of the same things lately. Laundry day is her favorite.

And I posted an answer to your links question in the comments under your question, just thought I would let you know. I often don't check back on the comments on others' blogs.