Friday, April 19, 2013

"Curb" Your Enthusiasum!!

Brett got crazy this year and decided this was the year... he wanted curbing! He had big plans. He wanted a garden because of how many vegetables we eat. Him and the boys went to work pulling up grass.

There was a lot of grass!!! So much the boys felt on top of the world when they climbed it! It took a lot of truck/car loads to get rid of it.
But all the hard work paid off...
And now we have beautiful curbing!!!
Brett, my manly man that he is... also bought some redwood and make a couple of grow boxes!! They look so good. (He's even got quite a few of the neighbor girls crawling around checking out his hand work. Hands off ladies, he's all mine!) He found a little website and mapped out his garden. He's really just so darling when he tells me about his plans.
And by my crazy request he even put in a sandbox for the boys!! It's bigger and filled with hours of playing time!! (And for me I get hours of cleaning time when they bring the sand from outside, in!) Oh well, your only young once. Brett actually taught them to spray off in the hose (which can become a screaming match when one boy decides to "spray" off the other one.) Then I make them strip in the garage if they are too sandy. Isaac does not care for that. "YOU WANT ALL THE NEIGHBORS TO SEE MY UNDERWEAR MOM!??" Yes son. for the sake of my floors. Yes I do. Don't worry, I'm not that mean, I close the garage door.
They did a good job breaking in their new sandbox with their friend Trevan. What can I say? Boys do well with dirt!
 Don't worry Feathers, one day you will be out playing in the dirt with the big boys too!

No comments: