Friday, February 22, 2013

Tanners Tales - 6 Months Old

6 months old! Half a year old!!! How did that happen?
Tanner now moves all over the place. He rolls from his front/back and into walls. He's still a little slow but flips around when he wants to.
Tanner lights up when Isaac is around. Isaac loves Tanner and goo's at him constantly! 
Tanner is getting the hang of drinking from a bottle. It takes him a good long while to drink it, but I'm happy to know if I'm not at home he will take one. He might not always be happy about it... but it's there.
Tanner is getting closer to eating his toes... he tries hard. On another note, he's loving bath time in the big tub still. He splashes like crazy! He loves the washcloth and has to suck on it. If you take it away from him he freaks out and cries.
Look at how handsome he looks in his cute church outfit my mom gave him at Christmas time!
I'm not sure why I always think an undershirt on the head is so funny, but I do. I think I've taken a picture of all of my kids with it stuck in their head.
He's starting to sit up better.
He woke up sick in the night and said his first word... da da. COMMON KIDS OF MINE?! Da-da is always a first word! What's up with that? Brett was pleased and happy to rock his sick baby who was calling for "da-da". Later he learned to say, "hi-dah." Despite it being the wrong word, it's pretty cute when he says it.
He loves his saucer! I think its because he can check out his brothers and follow their every move.
When Tanner is upset on the floor, he scrunched his nose and breaths in and out of it super fast like he's so annoyed. It makes us laugh! What a temper from such a little person.
 When Tanner goes to bed, he has become a fan of soft blankets. He loves snuggling up to them. He occasionally will suck on his binki... but he loves his tiny fuzzy bear blanket Sharon made him.
Tanner really doesn't care for his binki much anymore... occasionally at nap times, but when he's awake he is a thumb sucker!!! I know that's not a good thing for later on in life, but I think it is the cutest thing in the world. On another note... just because you can see his hair so well in this picture, check out his baby bird hair! It won't lay down, it just sticks straight up like a poker. Last month we cut off a few tiny strands that were so ridiculously long.
Around 6 1/2 months he finally got his toes into his mouth! He's been so happy with himself. I also bought him a glowworm that plays soft music to help him sleep at night. He seems to like it.
And then there is FOOD!!!!  Tanner is getting his first taste of a lot of foods this month and he is loving every minute of it! I'm so relaxed and excited for him to try any flavor of food. Of course, I started with a few vegetables... though I really don't know if that helps for when they are stubborn toddlers, but it's worth a shot.
He got used to eating butternut squash and then we moved onto spaghetti squash. Both were okay and he ate them.
Then we introduced sweet potatoes! Oh boy, he was in heaven! He ate a lot!!

When I announced I was prego with Tanner, my parents gave me "the baby bullet." It's been so great! Anything we are eating I just whiz up in the baby bullet and feed Tanner. So no more of those gross little jars of baby food, he just eats whatever we are eating!
Since he starting eating he has learned to spit with is tongue. That's not so pleasant with a mouthful of food! He eats everything that comes in contact with his mouth... food or not! Nose, mouth, hair... it's all the same to him, a tasty snack.
 He hasn't turned down any food yet. I went out to dinner with my sisters to a little Taste of Thai restaurant. We had some sticky coconut rice. I gave him a little taste and he freaked out. He screamed for more, it was so delicious! Eeek! That was like a taste of sugar to him and he loved it. He has taken a drink of fresh squeezed OJ, and took a bite of my banana... all is yummy to him.
We have opened a can of worms and now it's all about the food! I did something I would have never done with my other two kids. I was eating a cupcake and Tanner leaned over and I let him lick the chocolate frosting. His face was so surprised and super excited. His eyes lit up and he totally started squawking for more. Sorry little man, I'm a bad mama. So we gave him sweet potatoes and cereal instead.
Tanner went late to his 6th month check up. It was more like 7 months, but his stats were:
weight: 15.85 lbs (14th %tile), length: 25.5 inches (39th%tile), and head circumference: 17 inches (26th%tile). He had to have 3 shots and he cried after the first one. The Dr. said he is small and tiny in height.

No comments: