Friday, December 14, 2012

Daxton Doings

Dax keeps me... busy... very busy. His little feet run faster then he can keep up with! He's a mischievous little boy. Our toilet paper on any given day looks like this...
I hope he will outgrow the fun of unrolling a roll of toilet paper one day.
He helped me decorate the Christmas tree. He had to wear his sunglasses because he said, "the tree is so bright mom, it hurts my eyes!!!" Then he would look directly at the tiny tree lights. He loves being my helper in the day. He's always willing to help me decorate, clean, do laundry and his and my favorite ... cook! I sometimes think he could become a great chef because of how much he loves to help me in the kitchen. Sometimes he gets sad because he can't go with Dad and Isaac everywhere. He has learned mom will make cookies or his favorite, muffins with him when they are out doing a big boy activity. It's fun for me though, I love that time with him.
I had a bunch of errands at the mall one day and as a reward Dax could choose to ride the carousel or the train. For sure I thought he would choose the train, but he chose the carousel and had a ball on it. As we were leaving he said, "let's go ride the train!" I tried to explain how he chose to ride something else. His face was so heartbreaking we ended up at .... the train!!!
We now have a card and we are frequent riders of the little mall express. He sure loves this train. One day Brett and I are going to take him on the frontrunner. I bet he would love being on a big train!

Brett always said he wanted one child to sleep well. Isaac is more like me. He never settles down enough to just fall asleep. Dax is Brett's dream sleeper. Most nights he goes into his bed and tucks his little hands under his head and lays down and falls asleep. Other nights he is so exhausted he just passes out and we find him flopped all over his bed.
Then there are the days that he is so tired he can't last till bedtime and he just passes out playing on the floor. Poor baby. He's such a big boy and yet he's still so little he can't keep up with everything he wants to do.
Dax looks up to Isaac and his Dad. He wants to do everything they do and he hates missing out if he can help it. Dax is a good friend. He is sweet and kind. He is a tease, did I mention that? He's silly and he thinks he's pretty funny. He is... good thing he's so cute. He has big beautiful brown eyes that melts my heart and I give into him more often then not. He's just too cute!

No comments: