Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tanner's Baby Blessing

Since Tanner is my third boy I wanted something different for his blessing outfit. I've had one white short summer outfit and one long white winter outfit. I like simple and pretty... none of this fluff with bow-ties and coats. I like them to look sweet and cozy. I'll just tell you, boys don't have a lot of selection in a blessing outfit. My friend told me to check baby gap and ya know what? I fell in love with this soft cashmere looking striped gray and off white outfit. It had the buttons not snaps, darling trim around the neck, sleeves, and feet. It was warm and so cozy and he could wear it again! Something I didn't do with the others. (Not that he wore it that much longer cause he's growing tall very fast!)
Anyways, Brett picked up this outfit and i found an off white cashmere blanket to go with it. I loved it. I thought he looked precious.
On August 14th we blessed Tanner at 7 weeks old. Our church was at 1 o'clock so we had plenty of time to fuss and get everyone ready in the morning. It ended up being a warm sunny day, couldn't have asked for better weather. The blessing was beautiful. Brett has such a calm spirit when he gives blessings. I was thankful I was relaxed and just could enjoy the day. We had a lot of family and friends come and support us. I'm so thankful for all of them.
Tanner's Blessing Day 
A good looking group if I do say so myself!
Grandpa LaMonte and Grandma Nancy with Tanner
Grandpa Dale and Grandma Linda with Tanner
After we had a little luncheon at our house. Once we rearranged the furniture there was lots of space for everyone to come and go. (And the nice weather helped for the kids having room to run and play!)
I love this picture of Grandma Mona and Grandma Nancy. Nancy looks so happy looking at cute Tanner.
Aunt Sandra and Tanner.
LaMonte and his mom, Marjorie. 
Look at these cuties!!! Tanner is growing and slowly catching up to Kazden. I loved how they both looked so soft and fuzzy in their little outfits.

I borrowed my friends camera and tried to set up a little photo shoot with Tanner because shortly after his blessing he grew like a weed!! His outfit was getting tight. I'm no professional, that's for sure. But I got a couple of cute pictures of him.

Tanner, this was such a special day. I'm so glad your in our family. Your mom, dad, and brothers love you so much. Thank you for brining such a sweet spirit and warm light into our home. Love, Mom.

No comments: