Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Carving! 2012

Brett's least favorite activity... pumpkin carving. You know he's a good dad though, cause he did it! With Tanner being only 2 months old, I haven't been going to the store much and I hadn't bought pumpkins. Brett stopped one day with the boys and bought two giant pumpkins, one for each of them. They were so excited to come home and carve them!
 It was cold. I'm surprised they carved them outside.
Isaac was happy with his giant pumpkin he picked out. He also was obsessed with the seeds, so we picked them all out and cooked them. Brett thought it was yucky, but he hates pumpkin goop!
 Dax liked his little pumpkin. It really bugged him if the lid didn't sit just right!

Isaac's such a character. He was thrilled with the little carving knife that we bought in a kit. Which I must say, those kits are lame! That knife lasted for two seconds before it broke.
And here's the finished product!!!! Isaac's pumpkin is on the left. He was so proud of his eyes. One's a triangle and ones a circle. Dax drew his own face and Brett cut it out. Job well done boys! Now we are ready for Halloween!

No comments: