At Tanner's 2 week appointment he was still so little and tiny. He was 6.37 lbs (putting him in the 2nd percentile!) and he was 20 inches in length. That was fine by me. I wanted him to be little. Babies grow so fast. They grow in the blink of an eye!
Tanner wore newborn diapers until about 5 weeks old. He also wore onezies for the first month of his life because not many clothes fit on him. He did finally start fitting into 0-3 month clothes around 4 weeks. He seems really tall though. I don't know how long he will wear them for.
Like I said earlier, he didn't like the bassinet. I hated moving him to his big crib at only one week old! That seems crazy to me. But he was happy sleeping in there. We had to prop him up a bit at first. Crazy me, thinking he might roll somewhere (like where could he roll at 2 weeks old wrapped up like a burrito?) I put the boppy around his legs to protect him. I see the logic in this now, but as a new mommy to a new baby, I think I'm entitled to be a little crazy. He's been a pretty good sleeper though. I can't complain. The first few weeks we were pretty sleep deprived and woke up every 2-3 hours. But he's learning!!! And he sleeps through two loud brothers. Rachel was holding him one day and he was wide awake. The boys came screaming by him and we looked down and Tanner was out. It's like a lullaby I guess. Two screaming boys = music to his ears. It's funny, sometimes he struggles sleeping if it's too quiet.
Dax is buddy at home and sometimes like to help with Tanner. More of when it's a convenience for him. If I ask him to hand me the burp cloth or binki, he thinks about it. It really depends on his mood or if he's busy playing with trains or something else. He will stand up, stretch out his arm and say, "I can't reach it." Nice. But he has his moments where all he wants to do is mall Tanner. Tanner is a really good sport and he puts up with a lot... already. I'm so glad he's such an easy going baby.
Tanner loves being held. It doesn't matter who, he's just happy to be picked up and loved.
Here he is hugging his blue bear... I love these wubabnub binkis!
Here's his other one... it's a cute green frog.
Around 5 weeks he still loves his sleep but he has some fun awake times. I love seeing his big brown eyes. I love when he looks at you he knows who you are. I love kissing his cheeks. Dax loves petting him. He has very soft hair. I've decided he pets him cause people come up and pat Dax on the head. I guess it's the thing to do.
My most favorite thing are the outfits with animal bums on them!!! Who wouldn't love a darling animal on a cute baby bum? Seriously, the smartest thing Carters could have done!
Tanner is so little I can fit him in a sink bath. It's so nice and convenient! (As long as the boys remember to clean it out after brushing their teeth.) I bathed him for almost 3 months in the sink. It's definitely time for the bigger tub, he's getting a little squished!
My frog baby all wrapped up in his towel.
I could have waited to get him a kicker for Christmas but my sisters made me all crazy about this piano kicker. Apperantly it's the best one out there! And really it is. It has a darling mirror and plays fun music. I was a little sad when he wasn't as in love with it as I hoped, but really what do you expect from a baby who's 1 1/2 months old. The older he gets he is loving it more and more.
I just love his sweet face. It's getting chubby. I love his fuzzy head. Nothing better to snuggle with. As much as I love my sleep I love getting up in the night with him. I love rocking him in a quiet house. I love rubbing my cheek against his soft head. I love looking at his sweet face and his eyes fighting to close. I love how he snuggles and loves soft blankets. I love when he lays his head on my shoulder. The older he gets he picks it up to look around. I really cherish when he just lays on me. I love sleeping next to him in my bed. I just love my Tanner.
I finished his room for now. Here's the wall with the darling tree. I bought breathable brown bumper pads for his crib.
Here is his other wall. I'm still going to put a picture at the top of his collage. It just doesn't look complete to me yet. I painted his name and put "T is for..." in green vinyl above it. Isaac said, "that's not fair, why doesn't are room say I is for Isaac and D is for Daxton?" Brett's response was, "Cause mom likes Tanner more." BRETT! Honestly. I just thought of it with his room and I really like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment