Thursday, June 21, 2012

Easter Bunny Hop!

Saratoga actually had an Easter celebration this year! It was super early... we had to drag the kids out at 7:30. Poor Dax laid in his bed with his blanket over his head saying, "no! I no wanna wake up." He eventually was happy and excited about the world. Not so much when we saw the giant Easter Bunny... but I can't blame him, a 6 foot rabbit would freak me out too.
At least Isaac liked him. I made Brett go stand in the picture and act like they like the bunny.
As we were waiting for the whistle to blow, I was telling Dax what to do. You run, run, run and grab and egg and put it in your bucket. He was ready! And so was his friend Taylor. The whistle blew, kids started running... there was a pile of eggs right in front of us for Dax to grab. I got all set to take a picture of him picking up the eggs in front of us all to realize, Dax was gone. I looked up and he was doing just as I said, run - run - run! He had his eye on the eggs in the middle and he wasn't stopping! He ran so fast passing so many eggs until he reached the middle.  It really made me laugh. Keep your eye on prize buddy!! 
Isaac ran over after collecting all of his eggs, he had a ton!!! The egg hunt was over in a matter of minutes, but it was really exciting for those few minutes. 
We said hello to Jake and Taylor and snapped a group photo.
Dax was excited he got marshmallow bunny tails and Isaac was just thrilled he had so many eggs! He was fast!! He had 3/4th's of his bucket filled up!
The egg hunt was at the new Neptune Park, we the kids played for a minute and then we left. 
Dax ate his candy in the car and Isaac blew his bunny whistle.
It was still so early we decided to take the kids out to breakfast to ihop. Breakfast is always a win-win with our kids, we had a great time!

No comments: