Friday, January 6, 2012

Grandma Linda's Halloween Party! 2011

We had a "spook"-tacular Halloween party at my moms house this year! My sisters and I decided we wanted to be very creative and make "spooky" foods! We ended up having so many appetizers, but they were all so darling!
This is my cheese ball mummy! I'm super pleased with how he turned out. Like really, I'm in love with him. I now think my cheese ball should always be molded into something clever!
Aleesha made jello brains! How she got the top looking so realistic is beyond me!! But it looks gross! I was very impressed with her brain making talents!
Aleesha also took her traditional Easter Eggs and turned them into deviled eyeballs!
Liz came up with teeth! I love them!!! So did the kids.
Rachel made little mummy hotdogs. They were delicious and gone in seconds!

And Mckenzie did not disappoint! She is the cupcake queen and made these darling ghosts and pumpkin cupcakes!

Here's my cute puppy dog Daxton. I think this is the BEST picture I got of him in his costume!!!
I love my little Optimus Prime Isaac!

We managed to get a picture of all of the grand kids. Most of them anyways! Dax was sick of pictures (again!!) and fell to the ground. He was not a happy puppy. This is now the 2nd Halloween picture we have of this sad little puppy in a group with his cousins! Sad thing was, it was so funny we were all laughing so hard. This dead puppy picture turned out to be a favorite! We really shouldn't keep doing this to the poor boy! (Taking photos I mean! I am such a mean mom!)
We did manage to get one cute one in the beginning. We should really just stick with one quick snap shot!
Liz's family cracks me up! They were Mario characters. (Minus Acacia who wanted to use her darling sparkly red shoes and be Dorothy!) Josh was Mario, Casey was Luigi and Liz was Princess Peach.

Rachel was so cute as Alice in Wonderland. Then she was surrounded by Ninja Zander and Gordon... who just made his fave makeup SUPER scary!!! Rach did such a good job painting it!
If your wondering where mine and Brett's costume was, I forgot to take a picture. But it wasn't anything fancy. I was a witch and Brett was dressed up as himself. (I know! So original!) All the grand-kids put sticker faces on their pumpkins. Daxy was getting annoyed with life and kept ripping his off! I think it was time for bed...
Mom dressed up in her darling orange shirt! Cayden didn't get the memo to dress up, but him and Kenz are darling as ever!
 Then came the event of the night!!! The Doughnut Eating Contest!!!!!!! I guess we used to do this when we were kids. I only recall one time of it, but everyone said it was so fun... and it was!
The kids had a blast! We started in age groups, starting with the youngest. Eliza, Isaac, Zander, and Josh were up against each other.
 
You could tell Isaac so bad wanted to use his hands! Eliza and Isaac were in a close race. Eliza gobbled her's up and so did Isaac. I think they declared it a tie!!! Grandpa Dale passed out little candy bars (100 grand) for the winners and "snickers" for the runner ups! That's his dry sense of humor shining through! He makes me laugh. Kenzi competed against the teen boys, Ataka and Cayden... Kenzi eats like a bird and yet... she won! The other four of us gals competed against each other.
Aleesha and Rachel and dainty eaters so I knew my real competition was Liz. And I was right!  We were neck and neck in our competition. Everyone was screaming and cheering!!
 
In the end Liz got the last bite and swallowed with me coming in a close second. Next year Liz... next year!
Last up was the boys! I loved watching them. It was so funny. They all did great. They thought Casey was winning, cause he was vocal about it... but you can see by the picture he is a big cheater and used his hands to hold the doughnut still while he ate it. He was disqualified and the real winner was...
My darling husband, BRETT!!! Good job honey!
At the end of the night, we celebrated October birthdays. (And Dax cause he's Nov. 1st and Grandma Linda couldn't wait to give him his present.) Aleesha gave him a darling dinosaur book.
 Grandma and Grandpa gave him a darling Thomas the Train bike. He was so happy!!!
 He was even more pleased when he discovered he could lift up the seat and put things inside. Happy #2 Dax!!! It was a successful night with my family! We laughed a lot!!!

No comments: