Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hee Haws!

All Isaac's talked about this year is going to a corn maze. We happened to mention it when we started seeing corn grow at the first of the Summer and that has been his goal since. So for a family outing we took the kids to Hee Haws. It was so much fun and the kids had a blast! 


I absolutely loved walking around the corn maze with the kids. Dax was on Brett's shoulder for a while until he realized he too could be a guide! He marched along the path just like Isaac. He would point in the direction he wanted to go and was happy that everyone would follow. It really was so fun. At one point I said, "boys, smile!" And to both mine and Brett's surprise Daxton turned around with Isaac, put his little hand on his knees and said, "CHEESE!" Brett and I were shocked! He has never, ever posed for a picture before. It turned out so cute!
 Watching these two walk together was so cute. I say it a lot, but I am so in love with my two little boys!
 Isaac was fascinated with the corn in the maze. He kept picking it up. We even saw one boy munching a piece down, yuck!
They were so proud of themselves for making it out of the corn maze. Isaac was thrilled he finally got to walk through one. He told me later he finally understands that the people make it into a maze and we don't just have to stomp down on the corn. Yes son. I am glad too!
 We took the kids on pony rides. They both love riding on ponies and were sad to get off.
The kids went on the little farm train. I thought Dax would freak out the minute I put him inside, but no. He let me buckle him and off they went. Brett and I were left standing there, no kids. It was very weird! But they came back all smiles so it must have been fun.
The kids played on the hay barrels for a while. They loved the hay hop.  
There favorite thing though was the slide! They couldn't get up the hill fast enough. We sat on these potato sacks and down we flew! Dax giggled the whole way. The minute we got to the bottom he jumped off our lap and marched up that hill again. He was so tiny and yet felt so big marching up this hill on his own! It was pretty funny to watch. He wore us out. Brett and I had to take turns because we spent a great deal of time here!
Isaac was brave. He jumped on the sack, not knowing what to expect and down he flew! He was all smiles and thought it was so much fun!
There was lot of little things to play on. Isaac like the horse swings. Dax wasn't sure, but he sat on it for a minute.
 We rode around on these little cars, the boys loved them! 
Isaac had a fascination with the sand box inside a tire. Maybe we should add that to our home decor?
Isaac asked me if he could feet the goats. I so wish I could have gotten a picture from the front! His face was classic. He was trying to hold still, yet he was a little grossed out that the goat was licking him to death. He kept pulling back and the poor goat almost choked himself trying to get the food. It was so funny!
Brett helped Dax feed the goat. I don't think he loved having the goat lick his hand either. All I was thinking is I really needed to find my sanitizer!
Right after this, Isaac entered into the catching a pig contest! They corralled all the kids in a little pen with a bunch of pigs. When they said go the kids had to run over to one, touch it with 2 hands and shout, Hee Haw! Isaac did it! I was so proud of him! For that he even got a coupon for a free pumpkin. 

The had this huge box filled deep with corn kernels. My kids were in heaven! It's like one of those dreams come true, to swim in a giant thing of food or something. (I really wanted to jump in!) It was really fun. They jumped and did cannon balls, buried themselves and laughed so hard. These girls came over and told Isaac to hold still and they started to burry him. You could tell he wasn't too jazzed about that, but he did as they said.  He would lift his head up and they would push it back down, it was funny to watch.
Dax wasn't sure about all the corn, but once he jumped in he pulled off his shoes and swam around!
I always think these pictures are so cute... I don't know why. Your head is in a cardboard cutout. It's really not as cute as I thought! But Dax as a little pig and Isaac as a horse is pretty darling.
It was getting dark and I think we were the only ones there without our kids in jackets. We had been there earlier and it was warm and this was our last event, the pumpkin patch! We went on a little hay ride and then they dropped us off in a patch. Isaac was so panicked, he didn't dare leave the wagon. All he wanted to do was jump back on and he really freaked out when they started to pull away. We had to explain another wagon was coming to get us and then he calmed down a bit.
The boys each picked out a pumpkin and enjoyed munching on popcorn and taking our little hayride.
It was a really fun day and the kids were exhausted. We went to Chick-fil-a after and the kids munched down all their food, ran around in the playroom, and then were tuckered out for bed! Yeah! That's always the goal. Fun family night. Fun memories.

No comments: