I'll be honest, these last 2 months have flown by! I can't keep up with Dax. He's grown so much and he learns so much everyday. He really started talking. He loves chatting on the phone. He loves to call his "bampa." (grandpa.) He calls his Aunt Kee kee (Kenzi) and says, "hello kee kee!" She loves it! I have to admit, it's pretty cute. He loves talking and saying hello to everyone. My favorite is when Isaac walks into a room and he says, "hellooo Isaac!" He's really such a ham.
He is getting good at recognizing colors (blue and yellow) but now he has combined the two and says blue-yellow! He loves animal sounds. If you ask him about a dog he says "woof!" or puts his tongue out.
Dax is just silly. He loves attention and he gets plenty of it. We just all love his little face. Everything he does makes us laugh. He's getting more insistent that he is a big boy. He will look at me, point his finger and say, "no mom! I do that!" Or he will tell Isaac things like, "Isaac get down!" or "No!" He once wanted a blanket, so I brought him one. He got so mad cause I had brought the wrong one. He said "no! Mickey blanket" and then started singing the Micky Mouse song... da, da, da, da, da, da. He has serious attitude! He's very determined and finds a way to do what he wants. He runs and climbs all over the place! I find him pushing chairs up to other chairs so he can climb up on tables just to get what he wants. When he started taking off and running he was so tiny and chubby. His little legs and arms would move so fast, it made me laugh. Now he's starting to thin out cause he never stops moving.I remember Isaac loving shoes. So does Dax. He finds everyones shoes and walks around in them. My favorite is when he wears my high heels. But it's a toss up when he wears his diaper and Isaac's old boots. Thats the best!
Daxy loves money. He loves going through my wallet and finding my credit card. His favorite thing to do is get coins and put them in his "bank." It's pretty cute to watch him put his hand out for "monies." Who can say no to that? I'm sure one day it won't be a problem.Dax has a chocolate addiction. He loves it. I think he can hear a wrapper open from a mile away. If I want his attention all I have to do is say candy or open a wrapper and he comes running! Serious. Every time without fail. He will honestly ignore me forever if I'm calling him unless it's for candy. One day we had Ice-cream. Isaac was trying to be annoying and he started jumping up and down saying, "more, more, more, more!" So who joined in? Dax was right there with him under Brett's feet screaming, "more, more, more, more!" Dax watches Isaac's every move and he's good at copying him. He learned out to get my attention, the same way Isaac does. "MOM WATCH!" or "LOOK MOM! LOOK!" He yells this at me all the time until he gets my undivided attention.
Dax learned a awful scream. It's a high pitch sound... we are talking high and loud! It's really ear piercing and he thinks it's funny. Well, it's not that funny when your stuck in a car with him while he's doing it. Or in a restaurant. Yes he did. And he was screaming cause it echoed in that restaurant. I was just thankful there was hardly anyone there because he thought he was so funny. There was no stopping him. He just kept doing it with a big smile on his face.
Somedays I feel like I'm raising a teenager who is only 1. Ok, now he will be in 2 in a couple of weeks, but still, he can be drama! He was falling apart the other day because I pulled him down from the dinner table. (He was being silly and throwing his food all over and scooting out from the table,) so I just got him down and he fell apart! He was screaming, yelling, and crying. Then taking after his brother he took off running to his room and slammed the door shut! Oh my! It was quite the site! (And pretty funny.) Brett and I try not to laugh at him, but it's too hard sometimes. Isaac complains about Dax all the time that he is hitting him, pulling his hair, or bugging him. (which is true, Dax can push his buttons and be pretty mean.) But the minute I put my foot down and disipline Dax, Isaac takes his side and gets mad at me. I turn into the bad guy. He has his back all the time, I guess I will have to get used to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment