We had so much fun at our family reunion in Bear Lake this year! We had a lot of the cousins there and it was so fun to see everyone. The lake was up so high! I haven't seen it up this high in a really long time. My aunt owns "beach front" property and finally it looks like that! You walked out of the cabin and you barley had any sand to play on and then you were at the water. It was so fun. The last time I saw it that high I think I was 8! I could even hear my sisters chatting in the water while I was sitting on the cabin deck. I couldn't believe that we could have a conversation while they were swimming at I was hanging up clothes!
It was weird swimming amongst the "trees" in the water. Because the lake has been down for so long, a lot of the weeds are under water. (Not to mention the water looked very green!) The water was cold! Isaac would put his feet in and wasn't sure if you wanted to get in.
We waded out to our knees... once you are that far, you finally feel numb and the water doesn't phase you. (Until you start going deeper!)Dax loved being by the water, but in the water was a whole different story! Brett would help him touch his toes into the water and Dax would pull his legs up so fast. I loved it, it was so funny.
Because the water was so high, it was more of a challenge for Isaac to find seashells, but he managed!
He loves shells.
I got brave and was determinded to swim this year. I didn't care if I was going to be blue. (Which I was!) So Rach stayed on the beach with Dax and played with him.I suckered Brett into coming into the lake with me. (It was his birthday and I wanted him to be adventurous!) Even Isaac was brave enough and swam out there. I was so proud of him! Acacia came with us too, she reminds me of Liz. Gutsy and willing!
I won't lie, it was cold. Really cold. But I got used to it. (Or I lost all feeling, either way.) After Brett went back up on the sand, my cousin Lyndsay and I swam around together. My Aunt Lori brought her boat again. She is always so nice to cart us all around. I went out with Isaac on the flat tube. We laid on our stomach and bumped along in the water. I was really proud of him for being so brave and holding on the tube to try something new. My cousin Maren talked me into going out with her. We went fast and jumped a lot of waves. Holding on for dear life had a whole knew meaning. Though I learned, wearing a tank-e-nee while tubing is not the best idea. I wasn't the only one who opted to let go of the rope and drop in the water when our bottom half decided to slip off! Fun times! Bear Lake maybe should be re-spelled to "Bare" Lake! It's always a common theme there!
Dax loved Isaac's goggles. He thought he was so funny wearing them on the beach.
On Saturday night we had a dinner with the extended family. It was fun seeing everyones kids and how much they have grown.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Joshy and Isaac sitting together in the cabin playing a game.
It's no secret Bear Lake is so dear to my heart. I'm thankful Lori lets us come every year so my kids can experience what I loved and grew up with.
And the biggest news of the trip, Isaac mastered the monkey bars! He has been trying forever. Zander taught him how and he monkey'd across them in no time flat! I was so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment