Monday, August 22, 2011

Zoo Trip!

As school inches closer and closer, we are trying to cram in all we can to the last couple weeks of Summer. Since Shaylah was in town, we decided to take a trip to the zoo! Isaac had been earlier this year, but this was Daxton's first time going! 

The dinosaurs are new... and really big and scary! Dax didn't care for them at all. If they growled and he was close by, he would cry. It was so sad! I must say they are very life like. The way their hands, head, and eyes moved were pretty creepy. There were a few dinosaurs that spit water. The kids thought it was so much fun to cool off because it was so hot. So, the dumb mommy I am took Dax to get sprayed and cool off. He hated it and burst into tears.

Dax liked the giraffes. He would copy the way they would eat with their long tongues.
Isaac thought the crocodiles were cool!
We got tickets to ride the carousel. Isaac chose the snakes to ride.
We picked the cheetah for Dax. I was nervous and not sure how much he would like it, but he loved it! He was sad to get off. He loved going up and down and would say, 'uuuupppp, doooownnnn." He would look at Isaac and just giggle. Its a pretty tame ride so I let go of him to snap a picture. Boy was Isaac upset with me! "He could fall mom!" Isaac always keeps me in line.
We went to the bird show! I have never done that, but it was so cool. I am amazed at what they have trained their birds to do. At the very beginning they let out this giant bird and it soared across the audience. It went right over mine and Isaac's head, we had to duck! The birds knew exactly what hole to crawl into, where to land, when to run, how to open a welcome and goodbye sign, one bird drank a bottle of water then threw it on the ground. Then another bird came along, picked it up and recycled it! Very impressive!
Dax was so busy until the show started, then he too was pretty intrigued with the birds.
We all loved Poco the Parret. He could bark like a dog, tell his favorite color (green), tell us to recycle... he was the best!
We saw a bald eagle!!! I've never seen one in person!
Right after the bird show we ran over and caught the beginning of the elephant show. I didn't know elephants could do so much. Normally, we stare at them and move on.
The little elephant stood on his head! Then he got a cantaloupe and ate the whole thing (skin and all) in one big bite!
I don't know if the boys were as impressed as I was, it was pretty hot. Dax just wanted water.
All these bronze animals were being swarmed by kids to have their pictures taken.
I love the gorillas at the zoo! I think they are funny. Even more, I love taking your picture next to the sign.
I thought Dax was too cute trying to stretch his little arms out!

Grandma Nancy, Em, Shay and their kids came. I wanted a picture of them all, Dax did not want a picture!
I managed to at least get Dax in the last picture but there is no way he would even go near this dinosaur. Being as close as were were he was digging his fingernails into me screaming!
I had Isaac put his head in the dinos mouth. It was a good idea until he bonked his head on the teeth, poor guy. Watch out! He bites!
This wooden horse didn't bite. he liked him a lot.
Both him and Dallin had fun riding on them.
Dax liked it to, not that you can tell from the picture, but he did! 
We had to get a drink from the famous lion's mouth. 
And then we rode the train! 
Dax has had a fetish with trains lately so waiting in line all he could say was, "choo choo!!"
All Isaac wanted to do the entire day was go to the playground and play. So we did. We got caught in a warm rain shower and got all wet, but it was still fun! Dax liked the turtle shell. I was thrilled he climbed in it by himself.
Then I had a great idea to stuff all the grandkids into an egg. Elizabeth looked away right when I snapped it, but it was still a cute picture. Overall, a great day at the zoo!

No comments: