Monday, August 22, 2011

Isaac Isms & Daxton Doings! 20 & 21 Months!

The older Dax gets, it's hard to separate what he is doing from what Isaac is doing. The love being together. I love watching them be little buddies. Isaac watches after Dax. He has learned to get him down from the highchair and pull him out of his crib. Now all I need to do is teach him to change diapers and I'm set! I actually felt guilty how much Isaac does for Dax, but he loves it. He loves being a big brother to him. He let's Dax tag along when friends are over. I hope he is always that sweet to him!

Dax is starting to understand things I teach him, like colors. We started with blue and he would say "boo" for anything blue. Then we moved on to yellow. I didn't know if he was understanding but we saw a yellow car and he screamed, "lellow!" Now he has mushed the too and if he sees with color he nows says, "boo -lellow!" It's pretty cute! The other words I love is, "hello!, fish, and mello" (marshmallow.)

He's learning to be a tease like Isaac. They like to sneak up to their dad, tickle him, sit on him, punch him... all things boys do. Dax tries to do everything his dad and Isaac do. I must say, when he hits the ball off the tee, he can hit it really far! He even does better then some of the kids on Isaac's t-ball team this year! 
These two find funny things to do together. They have learned to play with toys together. Isaac stuffed Dax in a wheelbarrow and pulled him around the house the other day. This stems from pulling him on a blanket. We can't lay out a blanket anymore without Dax plopping himself down waiting to be pulled around the floor.
Corn on the cob has been a big deal this summer! The boys love it and munch all of it down.
Dax isn't shy about biting his corn, he gets every kernel! I was amazed he could even do it. I even have video footage of him dancing around while waiting for me to heat up corn, he gets so excited when we eat it!

There other favorite food, ice cream! These two can pack so much ice-cream away. I'm actually starting to feel guilty that we have too many sweets. Dax knows the words icecream, chocolate, cookie, and cake too much! I really didn't even think we ate very much. Brett had suprised me with donuts for our anniversary. Dax didn't know that word, so when he heard me opening the box he came running yelling, "sugar! sugar!!!" Oh great! What are we teaching them? The boy loves his sugar!

They have also spent a good chunk of their summer living in their swim suites. Next year, I will get two for Isaac. It seems like he is always wearing it. Our neighbors, Bob and Natalie got a hot tub and they are always so sweet to invite Isaac over to swim around with Jake.
Here are some chocolate pictures... maybe we do make too many sweets! At least I have two very willing taste testers! We made a zucchini chocolate cake and Dax looked at it and said, "mmmm, cake!" 
The bugs have been so bad this year. Dax swelled up again! This time it was his ear. It got so giant. We all felt so bad for him. We have bought a lot of benadryl and zyrtec.

Dax decided to give up on his morning naps. That made me sad. He wanted to give up on his afternoon naps too, but he soon realized he couldn't make it through the whole day, so at least we have that!
We did get him to give up his binki for a week. It was the worst week of my life! I also hurt my lower back so it made it worse. He would cry and he was sad. I finally gave in a gave it back to him. I wish I didn't do that. He wakes up in the night wanting it if he can't find it. I'm noticing if I give him a sippy of water he will drink that, be happy and go to sleep without a binki. Here's to hoping!

He has become interested in the potty. I refuse to pursue anything yet because we are gone so much. Once school starts and things calm down I'm hoping we can potty train him. he did poop twice in the potty and peed once!
He loves babies, stuffed animals, anything to hold and say "ohhhh" to. He also is good at saying, "shhhh". If your being too loud he will shhhhsh you. (He's done it to Isaac before!)
He found Isaac's old cowboy boots and oh does he love them! He loves anyones shoes. He wears them all, but these boots and flip-flops are two of his favorites.


He really loves being a cowboy. He jumps around on the stick horse or Isaac pulls him on the rolling horse. Good thing he says, "neigh" so well!

His buddy Tayven moved to Georgia, so I had to get one last picture of them together at this age. Daxton's vocabulary has sky rocketed! He repeats anything and sings songs and says so many little conversations. I wish I knew what he was saying. A lot of the time I can figure it out, but he loves telling stories!
Isaac is a character. He is ready for preschool. He's very clever. I'm so impressed with how well he is sounding words out. I know he gets frustrated with me, but he really is such a smart boy! He was introduced to smurfs on our trip and he loves collecting them. We read the smurfs are 3 apples tall and they get their names by doing things they are good at. Randomly one day Isaac said, "mom's good at texting, why don't we call her texting smurf!" hahahaha. 
'
I took Isaac to 7-peaks one more time. This time we went with Liz, Casey, and her kids. It was really fun. Isaac didn't flip over at all! He was cautious about what slides he would go on, but he did awesome. We did loose Josh once, but other then that it was really fun. Isaac had dip n' dots, which were delicious.
Isaac is still being creative. He keeps busy making things, cutting, gluing, and creating. The other day he made himself wings, taped it to his back and "flew" with his arms flapping. He loves making paper fans for his family. He loves the outdoors. His skin is very tan and his hair is tipped white. People keep asking if we died his hair. No! It's sun bleached. But it looks like we tipped the ends of his and Daxton's hair. 
I love his smile. I love his sweet spirit. He's kind, sensitive, and thoughtful. He forgives easy, just like his dad. I have so much to learn from both of these boys. I'm glad I'm their mom.

No comments: