One thing we wanted to do this summer was have a picnic up the canyon. We went up AF canyon to Tibble Fork with our family and Brett's parent's.
Grandma Nancy and Isaac checkin out the lake.
I love this picture of my boys looking at the lake.
There were lot's of ducks on the pond and I was kicking myself for not brining bread for the boys to feed them. The boys didn't eat most of their lunch (like always) so Isaac and I picked around the peanut butter on his sandwich and fed the birds. The boys giggled! They loved it. The ducks would get so close erring on the side of caution, but they knew the boys would feed them. We ran out of bread so Dax decided to throw rocks. This was great until he lost his balance and landed with a big splat in the mud! Ack! He was not happy. It was really thick mud and a lot of it. With the use of enough baby wipes and an extra outfit (luckily) we got him mostly cleaned up. (And thanks to clorox 2 his outfit came clean!)Isaac was brave and jumped across the river. His feet were freezing and he was a little upset after, crying that his feet might fall off. Then he saw two boys his same age dunking their hair in the cold water. Well Isaac could do that to! So he did. After that he seemed pretty tough when it came to the freezing water. Just a little peer pressure did the trick!
Dax made Nancy and me just crazy. He was so fast! He had to run over the bridge and stick his head through the poles. He wouldn't let grandma hold his hand, shirt or anything! I was glad when he finally came down from the bridge.
I have to say, it was a really fun day. It was relaxing and nice to get away.
We found a lot of big sticks and rocks to take home to add to the boys collection.And my favorite, we got a family picture. I love these boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment