Monday, August 22, 2011

Anyone for Lemonade?!

I never thought I would let my kids have a lemonade stand. I don't know why. I just didn't want to be annoying. But kids love this kind of stuff. My neighbor was trying to pack their house for moving and her kids decided to sell some toys. Isaac idolizes McKade and Gage. Anything they do, he wants to do to. He begged me, "please mom! I want to sell something too!!!" He was ready to give all his toys away! But then he thought of lemonade. So I gave in. And I'm glad I did. This was really one of my favorite days of summer. I got nothing done because I was too busy poking my head out the door watching him.  

He worked so hard on making his sign. He even told me it was a lot of work! He got a basket of cups and we mixed the lemonade. He had to have a little jar for his money (that's important!) He doesn't know much about money yet, but he didn't care. You could have given him a penny and he would have been thrilled. He was feeling a little sad (for the first 5 seconds of sitting there.) He was worried nobody would come. And then my neighbor, Officer Rosen pulled up. I shouldn't get teary eyed but it melted my heart. I'm so grateful he stopped. He cared enough to stop at this little stand. It made Isaac's day! He was so excited to pour his first glass of lemonade. Aaron gave him a bright, shiny quarter. Isaac could have stopped there he was so happy. I was happy for him! I vowed then I had to stop at every lemonade stand I passed. (Incase your wondering, I did stop a week later and the kids were selling ice cold water! haha!)
Isaac made around $5 dollars that day. Quite a few cars stopped and he had a lot of friends buzzing around. He traded toys for drinks or otter pops. My favorite was he ran inside and said, "Mom! I sold two otter pops for free!!!" He gave them to his friend Jake and sister Taylor. He told me he knew they would have bought them if they had money. I love that he was so nice to everyone. I love this kid. For me, this is what summer was all about!

No comments: