Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy 24th! 2011

Every 24th we go to Mona. Every year I post the same pictures... but my kids are slightly older. But I don't care. It's a fun tradition and the kiddies love it! (Even though Daxton's face doesn't show it, he did love it!) 

We watched the parade, Dax did not like being confined in the stroller nor did he want his picture taken.
We let Dax out and he was happy as a clam sitting with dad. 
 And of course sitting with grandpa! 
Here is the classic "side of the road while watching the parade with cousins" picture. But see, they are all getting bigger and so cute!
Dax did loved the horses. He "neighed" at them. He didn't care much about the parade after he grabbed his first couple pieces of candy. He kept brining the salt water to grandpa to open and he didn't, so finally he took matter into his own hands and started chowing down, wrapper and all! He was thrilled for the rest of the time with his otter pop and few pieces of candy.
They threw a lot more candy this year and Isaac was good at gathering up enough for him and his brother!
We were smart this year and went to the face painting booth early! Only a 10 minute wait vs hours. Isaac chose spiderman. He looked pretty cool. We could have gotten his entire face painted, but I vetoed that cause I know kids get hot, sweaty, and rub their hands all over their face!
We went on a little carriage ride to see the pioneer cabin in Mona. Brett has seen it more then enough in his life time but he came with me (kicking and screaming.) It was a loooooong ride and very hot. But since when do I listen to Brett? I got a cute picture out of it! Or so I thought. The lady who took or picture obviously didn't know what she was doing. At least most of us our in the picture.  This was one of the better ones.
I'm hoping there is a year I don't have to ride the kids train, but Dax made me come. I was hoping the kids could just hold him but I was so glad I went. The driver was a bit crazy this year and I would have bet money Dax would have popped right out of the train ride if I hadn't been holding him.
 The kids played on the blow-up toys again! (We forgot socks and were lectured by Isaac that it was a mistake to wear crocks and his feet were very burning!)
Isaac loves his bike. He wants to take it with him everywhere he goes. Isaac helped him pop some wheelies while we were waiting for the races to start.
Isaac ran fast in all the mobs of children and got his dollar! We didn't stick around for dinner, this year we went home early and went to my moms for fireworks. As a side note, we thought the boys would sleep on the way home. We were wrong. They had a screaming competition. Back and forth they tried to see who could be the loudest screamer in the car. (Bet you wish you were in our car then!)
We were with all my family and some of Rachel's in-laws. The kids had a blast! Fireworks seem to make them crazy and hyper.
Unlike Liz and Casey, who took a nap through part of the show. 
 This picture has nothing to do with anything, but it reminds me how much I love my husband. I love long days of being together with him! 
It was a great day! Dax got a fever by the end of the night, but other then that, we had a blast!

No comments: